Welcome to the Career Center
The College & Career Center offers a variety of services to assist students achieve their college and career goals.
909-627-3584 Extension 2736
- ROP (Regional Occupational Program) - provides career technical education to students. ROP will help students obtain skills and attitudes that will connect them to successful work and careers in a local and global economy.
- This program is free to high school students. Most ROP classes are open to students in 9th - 12th grades. There are some classes that have age requirements. ROP has many classes to choose from (see schedule link), at least twenty different locations throughout the region and provides elective credits for high school students. Some credits even transfer to the community college level. Come visit the Career Center for more information.
♦ ROP Class Schedules
Sign up early for best selection of classes!
FALL 2017 REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!
* ROP Cosmetology News! Baldy View ROP has now partnered with San Antonio ROP for their Cosmetology program. See Mrs. Stewart in the Career Center for more information.
ROP classes on the Ayala Campus - Sports Medicine, and Exploring Athletic Training (lab)
All other ROP classes are off site at other high schools or at the Baldy View Career Training Center
Get a head start on your career or just take a fun elective class.
Fire Tech - Criminal Justice - Computer Graphics - Computer Animation - Architectural Design - Engineering - Event Planning - Pharmacy - Medical Asst. - Sports Med - Welding - Plumbing - Law Enforcement - Culinary - RDA
and so many more!
See Mrs. Stewart in the Career
Center for information and class schedule.
UPDATED COLLEGE INFORMATION
♦ MT. SAC CONNECT 4 - GET PRIORITY REGISTRATION AT MT. SAC - Continuing
(Go to the Career Center for a schedule of dates for Mt. SAC and Chaffey.)
♦ CHAFFEY COLLEGE SENIOR EARLY ASSESSMENT PROGRAM - Continuing
Attention Seniors! Still want to go to a 4 year university? It's not too late.
There are lots of out-of-state colleges that have rolling admissions. See Mrs. Stewart in the Career Center.
♦ College presentations from admission representatives (sign up in the Career Center)
♦ College Presentations and Career Center Events Schedule
♦ Community College Information
♦ Senior Early Registration Programs available for Ayala students through Mt. SAC and Chaffey.
*** If you need help applying to any community college, see Mrs. Stewart in the Career Center.
Important Financial Aid News! The 2017-18 FAFSA application opens October 1, 2016
Click here! to find the California Student Aid Commission's Early FAFSA Tool Kit. All of the components are free and downloadable. The 2017-18 FAFSA and California Dream Act Application season is from October 1, 2016 through March 2, 2017. Cash for College workshops are available statewide during the this new five month financial aid application period. Visit www.cash4college.org or download the student aid commission's mobile app at www.mobilegallery.ca.gov FREE TOOL KIT DOWNLOAD
Remember, any 4 yr. university you apply to will have their own scholarships!
Start you scholarship search today!
This Just In!
* L.A. County Junior Fair Board Scholarship and Leadership program - *Who is Eligible?
High school students with junior status as of September 2017 (current sophomores) are eligible to apply, provided that he/she meets the following qualifications:
Presently enrolled in, and is on track to graduate from, one of the local high schools participating in the Junior Fair Board Leadership Program (see attached list).
Has a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher.
Plans to continue his/her education or training beyond high school at any institution of higher learning, accredited training, licensing, or certification program.
*The Chen Foundation Asian Pacific Scholarship - Seniors who plan to attend a Cal State or Community College. All majors; No Ethnicity Requirement. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Go to http://apcf.org/2017-chen-foundation-scholarship-program/ or visit the Career Center for information.
*American College Foundation. Visionary Scholarship open to grades 9 - 12. Deadline is May 1.
*NSA - Stokes Educational Scholarship Program. Visit IntelligenceCareers.gov/NSA for current info and how to apply.
* 2017 Hamilton Award - go to http://hamiltonscholars.org
. Open to Juniors
only. This is a no cost leadership program. Winners receive a $500 scholarship.
*CVUSD Scholarship - applications are in the Counseling office or the Career Center.
** The Dream.US Scholarship - Go to www.thedream.us for instructions to apply. Information also in the Career Center.
> CAREER INFORMATION <
Career Cruising computer program explores colleges and careers - you can make an appointment with Mrs. Stewart for a college/career research session.
- Career assessments
- Career interest tests
**Thinking about becoming a nurse? Check out the website RNtoBSN for information and programs. http://rntobsn.org/
Citrus College nursing programs - go to http://citruscollege.edu/academics/programs/adn/Pages/default.aspx
Chaffey College and Mt. SAC also have nursing programs, including CNA, LVN and RN.
• Current job listings by local businesses
• Helpful hints for successful job interviews
• Career opportunities
• Scholarship information
• Flyers from all branches of the Military
- Computers are available for student access.
- Work Permit applications available
- Student Tutor applications available
- Student Tutor Lists for parents available (Peer tutoring)
** An updated Student Tutor list is available. You can get the list in the Counseling office or the Career Center.