Welcome to Mr. Pye's Distance Learning Classroom!
4th, 5th, and 6th grade Distance Learning!
We are an awesome group of students on a learning journey!
You will use the Google Meet link to join our class.
1. copy a paste it into your Google browser.
Class code: Sent via email to best ensure those who are not supposed to be in the class are not able to access it.
(To open the link, put your curser over it and hold ctrl, then left click your mouse)
2. Tap on "Join Now". You will each be brought into our meeting.
3. A short cut is to follow the email instructions and join through the direct link, under Class Link on our classroom page. For Synchronous Class/ Google Meets (then click the link below).
- The best way to communicate with me is by email: Steve_Pye@chino.k12.ca.us
- I am committed to respond to all student and parent emails within 24 business hours/ 1 school day. Please contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns, at any time.
Virtual Office Hours:
- Office Hours are on demand, live support on Google Meets for students and/or families, outside of live instruction on Google Meets, using the same meeting link.
- Appointments to meet with student(s)/parents privately can also be held to: answer questions, hold small group instruction, review/ offer extra support, review upcoming or make-up assessments, social-emotional learning, and check-ins just to say 'hi' with students and parents.
Non-minimum day Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
8:15-9:50 English Language Arts
12:20-12:50 Science/Social Studies
12:50 -1:15 PE
1:25-1:55 Designated English Language Developent (For English Learners Only-I will contact you if this pertains to your student)
Minimum day Schedule: Wednesday
8:15-9:00 Second Step / Social-Emotional Learning
9:15-9:45 English Language Arts support
9:45-10:15 Math support
10:15-11:00 Designated English Language Developent (For English Learners Only-I will contact you if this pertains to your student)
Monday: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Thursday: By Appointment
Friday: By Appointment
* Additional Minimum Days: 9/21, 9/22, 9/24, 9/25, 10/29, 12/17, 2/18, 5/20, 5/27
Instruction will be live. It will be led and/or facilitated in real time by the teacher and progress monitored. There will be time for whole group instruction, small group instruction, individual instruction, and independent work time.
Other instruction will be self-guided learning/activity based on directions, recorded instructional videos, Flipgrid, answering questions on a slide deck, discussions (teacher-student and student-student), monitoring student progress via Google Classroom, and any other computer based learning assignments.
*Directions for signing in to Google Classroom:
- Close all Email and Use Google Chrome
- Go to the Liberty Elementary Website.
- Tap on Students.
- Tap on the ClassLink.
- Type username and password. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tap on Google Classroom Mr. Pye
- Tap Stream and Read or Listen to the message.
- Tap on Classwork
- Tap on Google Calendar to see work due each day.
- Tap on work, save a copy, and complete.
- Tap on "Share" 2 times. ("Share, Share")
- Remember to look at your To-do list and Tools.
**Details about Login, password, and Technology Support can be found on the ClassLink and Technology Help page of this website: https://www.chino.k12.ca.us/Page/37637