The Mission of the Transportation Department is to promote the educational process by excellence in transportation services for all students, K through 12. Transportation is professionally delivering safe, prompt, dependable, efficient, and cost-effective services to the needs of students, staff, and the community.
The Transportation Department can be contacted at (909) 628-1201, extension 1525.Hours of Operation: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, in accordance with all district and national holidays.Bus Pass Office hours: 7:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.Go to www.myschoolbucks.com and follow the directions.Bus pass applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be accepted as of July 15, 2017.
Bus Drivers Wanted
Drivers Wanted - contact the Transportation Department at (909) 628-1201 ext. 1525 between the hours of 7:30 - 4:30 for more information.
Key Transportation Services
· Regular home-to-school transportation services
· Transportation services for qualified special needs and 504 students
· Essential transportation services resulting from student overflow
· Temporary transportation services for McKinney-Vento homeless students
· Transportation services in support of Cal-Safe parenting students
· Transportation services involving school activity trips and athletic contests
· General maintenance of District vehicles and fuel powered equipment
· Provide vital school bus information via the “School Bus Rider’s Handbook"
School Bus Facts
On average, Chino Valley Unified School District Drivers safely transport a whopping 575,000 students, 700,000 miles annually. The yellow school bus is without a doubt the single safest mode of student transportation to and from school and school activities. According to the National Safety Council, school buses are:
• 172 times safer than the family car
• 8 times safer than passenger trains
• 8 times safer than scheduled airlines
• 4 times safer than intercity transit buses