THIS PAGE IS AN ARCHIVE AND IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED. FOR THE MOST UPDATED INFORMATION, GO TO THE ED TECH NOTEBOOK. YOU CAN FIND IT HERE: EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY (requires that you be logged into the website). THE ED TECH NOTEBOOK IS IN THE LEFT MENU. ILLUMINATE IS IN THE STAFF HANDOUTS SECTION.Welcome to the CVUSD Illuminate Resource Page!Illuminate is an assessment and data management system which allows administrators and teachers quick and easy access to state and district testing results, as well as the capability to administer and score district and teacher made benchmark assessments.
Scanning to Illuminate with Macs and AVer doc camsWe recently discovered an issue with Macs using OS10.9 and 10.10 using AVer doc cams to scan to Illuminate. The doc cam doesn't show up in the Tools/Settings window of Illuminate. There is a fix that allows it to work in Firefox. Right click on Firefox to get to the Get Info window and check the box under General that says "Open in 32-bit mode". On my Mac with 10.10.3, "Open in 32-bit mode" didn't show up in Chrome and Safari, just Firefox.
Google Chrome IssueGoogle Chrome released an update yesterday that disabled the plugins for GradeCam. If your users updated Google Chrome, they will see an error where they need to install Plugins and no way to install it. If they did not update Google Chrome, the plugin will work as designed. For users who updated Google Chrome, the plugins are still there but it is now hidden from the interface. To fix this, here are the simple steps:
1. Open another tab on Chrome.
3. Find Npapi and enable it
4. Close out Chrome completely, and make sure that it is completely closed out and not running in the background.
5. Open up Chrome and it should be now working!
See this GradeCam help doc: http://goo.gl/eMT0dF
MESSAGE FROM ILLUMINATE 12/3/2014:A bug in the GradeCam code was accidentally released that prevented any non-beta version of the GradeCam plugin from scanning. We worked with the guys over at GradeCam to develop a fix as quickly as possible. The fix was released today at 1PM PST. You are now be able to use any version of the plugin from 18.104.22.168 and above.We realize that this bug happened at a very inconvenient time, and we're truly sorry for the inconvenience it caused.
If you're running the 64-bit version of Google Chrome for Mac or PC, you'll need to use the Beta plugin. You can download the beta version of the GradeCam plugin from the Illuminate Downloads page. Visit the page, scroll down to the "Beta Plugins" section and click on a link for the version of the plugin that works best for your computer.
Does this affect you? If you're a Chrome user and you're getting a black preview window instead of the normal view from your camera, you're probably using a 64-bit OS and the 64-bit version of Chrome. That means you need to install the beta version of the plugin. If you're a Chrome user, but are able to scan right now or if you use a different browser, then you don't need to worry about anything.
As always, if you have problems scanning, please give our helpdesk a call. We're here to help!
Sincerely,The Illuminate GradeCam Team
California's New Assessment System
- Questions and answers about AB 484 and changes to the assessment system are available at: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/ab484qa.asp
- For the latest information about the new generation of English-language arts and mathematics assessments, as well as other developments related to the new Smarter Balanced assessments, please go to: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/smarterbalanced.asp
Sharpat KitsIf you are using a Sharpat kit for scanning to Illuminate, be sure to click on the Settings button within Illuminate, choose USB camera in the dropdown (not "any camera") and click the box to flip the image. Then click Done, return to scanning and you should be all set! Information for purchasing Sharpat Kits can be found here.
Tips for Scanning-UPDATED 4/9/13We met with a rep from Illuminate support staff and learned a few things. Here are some tips:
One of our technicians was able to remotely install the plug-in on all teacher PCs so you shouldn't need to install it unless you have a Mac. If you have scanning problems, you can call Karyn or Stephanie at 1350 for assistance. Plug-in link: https://www.illuminateed.com/downloads/gradecam.htmlIf unable to reach Stephanie or Karyn, Illuminate has invited teachers to call them directly for support if they’re having scanning issues or operational problems. Here’s the number: (951) 739-0186
Use a laptop or desktop, NOT a netbook, for fast scanning.
- IDs have to be flushed to the right and all bubbles filled in. If the ID is 315000210, you'd bubble 0315000210. If four digit ID, 0000001234.
- Use the Chrome browser, not Internet Explorer or Firefox. Click here to download.
- Go over answers with a black pen. Have students take the test in pencil, but then put a black - or x on the bubble when they double check their answers. Pen scans more accurately since light reflects off of pencil. If you can't see the bubbles clearly on the computer screen, then the computer can't see them either.
- Use a laptop or desktop, NOT a netbook, for fast scanning.