Computer Science Essentials
Welcome to Mr. Pittman's CSE distance learning classroom. From now until May 1st, check back here for daily lessons. Note: even though I am creating a Google Classroom for consistency, the curriculum link we have been using all year is still below for you to use.
To get ready for virtual school:
Before March 30th you will need to complete the following readiness steps:
- Get a laptop or PC computer with the ability to install software
- Sign in to ClassLink using your district login from the school website or click here
- Join the Google Classroom using the shortcut in ClassLink. The join code is: cgwleqf
- Once you have this done you will be able to access the class. Assignments, deadlines, and other instructions are in the Google Classroom. The classroom will be fully updated and ready on March 30th.
A PDF that shows how to join a Google Classroom via ClassLink is below
To Contact Me
You can contact me using my district email: email@example.com
OR through the Remind.com for AP CSP. If you haven't joined you can join here
OR you can message me through Google Classroom once you join
Virtual Office Hours
I will also be available online live from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm on Monday for any questions you might have. I will respond immediately during this time. At other times you can expect a response from me within 24 hours.
An updated syllabus is posted in the Google Classroom.
- Assignments will be submitted through Google Classroom through forms. This is basically the same as always.
- Assignments are due every Friday by 8:00 pm. Specific due dates are posted in the Google Classroom.
- Assessments will be announced and posted in the Google Classroom. There will be at least 1 assessment per week. These can be project-based or regular exams.
- Grades will be posted to Aeries and updated by Sunday night at the latest. Use the Aeries parent/student portal.
- Feedback will be given via Google Classrooms, email, and Aeries grade book.