- Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
- To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
- School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
- It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on district devices. [Click here to review the CVUSD Responsible Use Policy]
- Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
- Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
- Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized district official.
- To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
- Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
- We will conduct our daily lessons through the Google Meet link on our Google Classroom page.
- Students must be visible in the online classroom at all times just like in a normal setting.
- Microphones should be muted unless we are participating in a group activity.
- Please follow guidelines explained within our class syllabus.
- Virtual office hours will use my personal Zoom meeting link, found on our Google Classroom page by clicking the Classwork tab and looking under Resources. Virtual office hours occur at the following days and times:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:35 p.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Google Classroom will be our primary source for materials and information. Google Meet will be our virtual classroom.
- Assignments will be posted on our Google Classroom page for students to access.
- Savvas Easybridge is the app within ClassLink that we will use to access our textbook online.
- Assessments will be assigned ahead of time with ample opportunity to prepare for the students.
- Assignments completed in Pearson and/or ConnectEd may have instantaneous feedback. All other work submitted will have feedback provided by the teacher.
- Feedback and grading will be completed in as timely a manner as possible, depending on the particular assignment given.
- Grades will be posted on assignments within Google Classroom and transferred over to the Aeries system.
- Grading Policy:
- Classwork/Homework - 35%
- Assessments - 60%
- SSR Book Report - 5%
- Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student ClassLink page)
- Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
- Access to district technology from home: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us
- E-mail teacher for access to teacher-specific applications