Distance Learning Syllabus
Mrs. Watson's 3rd Grade Class
Beginning August 10, 2020 at 8:15am
Platforms We Will Use:
- Google Classroom
- Google Meet
- English Language Arts (ELA): McGraw Hill/Wonders & Novel Studies (Novels will be provided on Google Classroom)
- Math: Savvas (formally known as Pearson)
- Social Studies: Reflections Textbook + Google Classroom
- Science: Mystery Science + Google Classroom
- All assignments will be posted in Google Classroom
- All assessments will be taken in Google Classroom
- Feedback/Grades will be given in Google Classroom
- McGraw-Hill Wonders and Saavas will provide instant feedback on assignments and assessments, if applicable. Work completed and submitted on Google Classroom will be assessed by the teacher and the teacher will leave comments and scoring information within 10 days on the Google Classroom assignments
Grades will still follow the standards-based grading scale of 1-4
Live Sessions with Google Meet
Live instruction will take place on Google Meets daily for Language Arts, Math, Science/Social Studies, PE, and DELD. The link to these meetings will be found at the top of the Stream page on Google Classroom.
Students must attend live instruction and have their cameras on.
I will also be meeting with students in small groups on our minimum day (Wednesday) to provide additional support. For those that need to attend small group sessions, I will notify in advance.
Virtual Office Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday - 1:45pm - 2:15pm
Wednesday - 11:00am - 12:00pm
Classroom communication will be through email and Class Dojo