· Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
· To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
· Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
· Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
· Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
· To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
· Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
Students should begin to log on to virtual meetings 2-3 minutes before class starts. Students must have their camera turned ON and be MUTED. The meeting link will be posted on the front page of Google Classroom directly below the name of the class in the upper left portion of the page. All notes and assignments will be posted in Classwork for those students who are absent.
Communications / Academics
Please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com. I will respond to you within 24 hours. We can also set up a virtual meeting during my office hours posted below:
Tuesday 1:45 - 2:30
Wednesday 1:45 - 2:30
Thursday 7:30 - 8:!5
Friday 7:30 - 8:15
There is also an option for parents to receive daily/weekly updates of their student's Google Classroom progress. Please let me know if you are interested.
I am committed to your learning and helping you succeed! I will respond to emails within 24 hours. I will have assignments and assessments graded promptly. My goal is to make math your favorite subject!
Students are expected to log on to virtual classroom meetings. Students are expected to participate during virtual meetings by volunteering and asking questions. Students are expected to complete work on time, come prepared for assessments, and attend tutoring during office hours if necessary.
All assignments will be posted in Classwork in Google Classroom. Assignments will be taken from the textbook. We will also use other websites including Edulastic, Edpuzzle, Assistments, and/or IXL.
Assessments will be assigned during virtual classroom meetings. Assessment dates and times will be posted in advance on Google Classroom. See "Announcements" on your classroom Stream page.
Assignments completed in Edulastic and Assistments will have instantaneous feedback. All other work submitted will have feedback provided by the teacher.
Parents can check Aeries for up to date grades. Progress reports will be emailed biweekly.
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student ClassLink page)
Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
Access to district technology from home: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us
Email teacher for access to teacher-specific applications