Kindergarten Distance Learning Syllabus
Login to your child's CVUSD account to access ClassLink. From here, they will have access to Google Classroom & Flipgrid, Google Meet, Connect Ed Wonders Language Arts, and Savvas EasyBridge Math.
Your child will participate in daily Google Meets for live instruction from 8:15– 11:15 a.m. Please login a few minutes early to ensure that they are prepared and on time.
Flipgrid (Accessible through Google Classroom)
Flipgrid is an interactive video response tool, where the teacher can pose a question or task in which the students can respond back with their own video response. All students can se each other's responses, which helps to promote our classroom community.
* Direct live instruction whole group sessions will be held every Day from 8:15 - 11:15.
* Attendance will be taken within the first 5 minutes of live Google Meet instruction.
* Please have your child logged in on time.
* Your child will be required to attend daily and complete classwork.
* Please let me know in advance If your child is unable to attend, as your child will still need to complete assignments from live instruction in order to earn attendance credit.
Assignments/Submitting Student Work
* Assignments are to be completed during live instruction daily.
* We will grade some assignments together during live instruction.
* Online assignments will be submitted through ConnectED and Savvas in child's classlink
* Some assignments will be turned in through email or flipgrid
* Assignments in ConnectEd (McGrawHill Wonders) Language Arts, and Savvas Math may have instantaneous feedback. Some work will have instant feedback during live instruction and some work submitted will have feedback provided by the teacher during assessment appointments.
* If there is an area of concern, I will reach out to discuss the concern with the child's parent.
* Students will be given an assessment appointment time to meet individually with the teacher.
* Assessments will be assigned both online and during live instruction.
* Students may be tested 1:1 using Google Meet.
* Math assessments will be given at the end of the Topic.
* Completed student work and Flipgrid videos will be assessed by the teacher.
Students will receive a 4, 3, 2, 1 on the report card.
4 - Extending the Standard: The student demonstrates independent content knowledge and skills beyond the standard with little to no support.
3 - Achieving the Standard: The student demonstrates content knowledge at the standard with little to no support.
2 - Progressing with the Standard: The student demonstrates some content knowledge and skills within the standard with support.
1 - Beginning the Standard: The student attempts to perform the task with support.
Virtual Office Hours
I will be available to answer questions on Google Meet during office hours on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 12:20-1:20.
Direct Live Instruction via Google Meet
8:15– 9:05: ELA
9:05 - 9:20: Movement/PE
9:20 – 9:55: Science/Social Studies
9:55– 10:10: Break*
10:10 – 11:00: Math
11:00 – 11:15: Second Step
*Break 15 minutes: DELD* *Only for English Learners
8:15 – 8:30: Second Step
8:45 – 9:05: Additional Support for ELA
9:30 – 9:50: Additional Support for Math
10:00 – 10:15: DELD English Learners Only 15 minutes: DELD