Distance Learning Student Expectations
General Expectations During Distance Learning
Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline to the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
Expectations for Zoom/Google Meet Sessions
Students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions. Please no pajamas. Also, they should not be eating during class time. Snack break is scheduled into the morning for the kindergartners.
Parents please separate work book pages and have other necessary items within reach for you and your kindergartener, per the google classroom assignments.
Live Sessions via Zoom/Google Meet
When will these live sessions be held?
Direct live instruction with the whole group will begin at 8:15 a.m. Monday-Friday. The daily GoogleMeets schedule will be posted in our Google Classroom as well.
- Student attendance will be taken during the first 5 minutes of every online meeting. Please make sure your child is logged on in-time.
- I will also be meeting with students in small groups throughout the week to provide additional support. For those that need to attend small group sessions, they will be notified in advanced.
- If your child is not able to attend the live session, please let Mrs. May know ahead of time, live sessions will not be recorded. Your child is still required to complete and turn in assignments in order to receive attendance credit.
- Your child will be required to attend and submit work daily.
- If your child attends childcare, it is expected that the provider be instructed on how to assist your student throughout their school day.