- Access to the internet
- Computer or Tablet
- Classlink Login
*If you do not have access to the internet or an electronic device (computer or tablet) please contact CVUSD for help and information.
Platforms We Will Use
- Google Classroom
- Google Meet
- English Language Arts: Wonders & Novels (Links will be provided through Google Classroom for novels.)
- Math: Savvas (formally known as Pearson)
- Social Studies: Reflections Textbook + Google Classroom
- Science: Safari Montage, Mystery Science + Google Classroom
All assignments can be found on our Google Classroom through your child's ClassLink. Each assignment has instructions and due dates. It is expected that students complete and submit all assignments by the due date. Most assignments will be submitted through Google Classroom/Savvas. Do not email assignments to Mrs. Seto. Don’t forget to press “Submit” on all of your assignments in google classroom!
- Will be taken in Google Classroom, Savvas, or McGraw-Hill Wonders.
- Feedback/Grades will be given in Google Classroom.
- Many assessments will be self-graded by the computer and scores will be available immediately, however, there will be some assignments and assessments that will require teacher grading. Grades for these assignments/assessments will be given feedback within 7-10 days of the assignment date. *With the exception of writing/presentations, those take me a little longer to grade.
When are assessments?
Assessments will take place throughout the week as the topics/units are finished. An announcement will be made via Google Classroom/parent email prior to an assessment. Assessments may take place on Savvas, Wonders, or Google Classroom.
Apps in Classlink
Google Classroom will be used to complete and submit most assignments or communicate with the teacher. (Please do not email assignments as things will get lost).
Savvas (formerly Pearson) will be used to complete Math curriculum and assessments.
McGraw Hill/Wonders - used to complete ELA curriculum, DELD, and assessments.
How will grades/feedback be communicated to students and parents?
McGraw-Hill Wonders and Savvas will provide instant feedback on assignments and assessments, if applicable. Work completed and submitted on Google Classroom will be assessed by the teacher and the teacher will leave comments and scoring information within 7-10 days on the Google Classroom assignments.
Teacher will email parent/student individually to communicate student progress (for example, missing assignments/tests).
Grades will still follow the standards-based grading scale of 1-4.
Live Sessions with Google Meet
Live instruction will take place on Google Meets daily for both Language Arts, Math, Science/Social Studies, PE, and DELD. The link to these meetings will be found at the top of the Stream page on Google Classroom.
Students MUST attend live instruction and have their camera on to receive attendance credit.
Monday: 1:50 - 2:35
Tuesday: E-Mail If Needed
Wednesday: 1:50 - 2:35
Thursday: 1:50 - 2:35
Friday: 1:50 - 2:35
*I am available "live" during my virtual office hours for questions. During my office hours, I will be on a Google Meet for students to pop-in.