Teaching and Learning Classroom Expectations
· Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
· Students are expected to bring their Chrome Books everyday. It is their responsibility to ensure their device is fully charged and to keep track of the laptop, stylus, and charger while they are at school.
· It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/ Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on District devices. [Click here to Review the CVUSD Responsible Use Policy.]
· Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately in class will be subject to appropriate discipline.
· Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
Where will assignments be posted for the week for students? What platform will you be using?
A: We will be using GoFormative and occasionally Amplify Education for online work and assessments. Amplify will be accessible through students’ ClassLink and the GoFormative app may be added onto student’s ClassLink. A link to GoFormative may be found in the Stream page on students' Google Classroom. Students have been synced to GoFormative through Google Classroom so their GoFormative login should be the same as their login for ClassLink/GoFormative. Please email me if you have any difficulties logging in.
To access GoFormative through ClassLink, you will need to add the app using the plus sign tool on the top left of the ClassLink screen and searching for GoFormative (*you will need to click from "all apps" underneath the search bar to "Chino Valley Unified SD Library" in order for the GoFormative app to show up). Click here for the link leading to GoFormative. Below is a picture of the GoFormative logo on ClassLink. If you need me to reset or give you your GoFormative information, please email me ASAP.
When Will Assignments/Assessments Be Assigned?
A: Due to the ongoing situation with the pandemic, virtually all assignments will be graded online. Students will either complete assignments online or submit pictures of their notebook on GoFormative. The due date for online assignments will be based on the assignment and take potential technical difficulties/accessibilty issues into account. Assignments that are not turned in will be marked as a zero. Assessments will be assigned during students' class period and close at the end of the period.
Will students need a notebook for class?
A: Yes, students will need a spiral notebook for class. The notebook will mainly be used for class notes and classwork and will be checked once to twice a month. Virtual labs and other activities that would normally be stored in students' notebooks will be completed on GoFormative. All pages for our notebook can be found in the virtual notebook on Google Classroom.
How will students get feedback on submited work (e.g. comments in Google Classroom, email, in Aeries)? What is the turnaround time for feedback to be given?
A: Students can request feedback on questions on GoFormative before an assignment is due. I will answer any requests for feedback within 24 hours. After assignments are turned in, feedback will be given through updated grades on Aeries and individual feedback within 3 days of the assignment due date.
Which assignments will have feedback provided by the teacher vs. automatically graded by GoFormative?
A: Assignments with multiple choice questions completed in GoFormative will automatically be graded after a student submits the assignment. All other work submitted will have feedback provided by the teacher.
How will parent(s)/students be notified of their current progress?
A: Grades will be updated on Aeries on a weekly basis and an announcement will be sent via Aeries communication via email and voicemail.
A+ – 99% or higher
A – 90% or higher
B – 80% - 89%
C – 70% - 79%
D – 60% - 69%
F – below 60%
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student ClassLink page)
Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
Access to district technology from home: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us
Email teacher for access to teacher-specific applications (GoFormative): firstname.lastname@example.org