Proposed By-Trustee Election Area Maps
In keeping with the legal requirements of the California Voting Rights Act (CVRA), the District would like to provide the Chino Valley community with four proposed trustee area map options. Feedback from the CVUSD community is welcomed and can be submitted for consideration by selecting the desired area map and leaving your comments.
Each proposed map option provided for consideration:
- meets the equal population requirement (that each trustee area have equal population with up to a 10% variance)
- creates at least one (and up to three) trustee area(s) wherein the African American, Asian, and Hispanic populations gain increased influence by Citizen Voting Age Population (CVAP/eligible voters) based on up to date CVAP statistics compared to District-wide averages
- complies with the Federal Voting Rights Act
- respects communities of interest as much as possible
- is compact and contiguous as must as possible
- follows man-made and natural geographic features as much as possible
Maps for each Scenario Series are exactly the same; however, the Conceptual Trustee Areas information listed in the bottom left-hand corner of each map is different. To enlarge a map, please click on the map title or map image.