Distance Teaching and Learning Classroom Expectations
General Expectations for CVUSD Students
· Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
· To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
· School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
· It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/ Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on District devices. [Click here to Review the CVUSD Responsible Use Policy.]
· Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
· Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
· Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
· To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
· Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
Attendance at Virtual/Live Class Meetings
- Meet times are based on the school schedule. It might be a good idea to program the schedule into your phone.
- Attendance it mandatory. You will log in to a Google Meet through Google Classroom.
- Be on time.
- Turn on your camera.
- Begin and remain muted until called upon to speak.
- Participation is mandatory throughout the class.
- Assignments will be posted in Google Classroom. You must login with your school email.
- Essays will go on Turnitin.
- For short oral presentations, we will use Flipgrid.
- Savvas Realize App is the link to your online English textbook.
Formative assessements at the beginning of the unit show me how students are doing. Summative assessments occur at the end of the unit to demonstrate mastery of the content.
Students will get feedback on work through comments in Google Classroom, Turnitin.com and grades in Aeries). Grades will be updated every two weeks.
Assignments completed in Pearson and Turnitin may have instantaneous feedback. All other work submitted will have feedback provided by the teacher.
Grades will be entered in Aeries communication for student and parent access.
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student ClassLink page)
Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
Access to district technology from home: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us
Email Mrs. Rojas at Lonna_Rojas@chino.k12.ca.us for access to anything specific to this class.