Welcome to Mr. Lawhorn's Distance Learning Classroom
from now until May 1st, check back ON GOOGLE CLASSROOM for lessons.
Please our existing Google Classroom.
The same Google Classroom we used all year long will be used during distance learning.
In case you forgot, I will post the google classroom access codes for each classroom below (they have changed);
all lower case letters
- Contact information
- Email: email@example.com
- Send a message via google classroom
- Virtual office hours
- Tues and Thurs 9-11 am
- Types of Work
- You should have your Discovery Textbook available
- I will post Powerpoint Notes
- I will post educational videos that will assist with the learning
- I will post worksheets and assessments
- I will post other important website information that will help and assist you in Chemistry
- Updated syllabus (reflecting distance learning)
- Mr. Lawhorn will post assigments on Monday, March 30th and every Monday from that point moving forward. That post on Monday will be the work required for that week.
- Students will be required to post their work online under each google classroom assignment.
- Some assignments will be directly answered on google classroom
- Other assignments might need to be hand written by the student, a picture must be taken, and that work will be posted under that assignment.
- Students will have one week to turn the workk for that week. For example, March 30th's work will be due by April 6th at midnight.
- The assessments will be integrated within the posted work. The assessments will be quizzes taken on google classroom.
- Some assignments will require each student to use google docs or google forms to answer.
- Instructions for each assignment will be posted under each assignment.
- I will be available every tuesday and thursday from 9-11 during office hours and students/parents will receive a rapid response.
- Grades will be posted on aeries, hopefully