Mrs. Bartman's Summer Reading
Welcome to English 12 AP Summer Assignment!
I. You are to read Beowulf by Anonymous. Beowulf is an Anglo-Saxon 8th century epic poem.
Beowulf - Holt full text (Type this in google if link doesn't open) https://johnnywaltersiv.weebly.com/uploads
1. Answer the following questions:
- Pg. 2: Quick Write
- Pg. 25: Reading Check
- Pg. 25-26: Critical Thinking
- Pg. 26: Extended Reading
- Pg. 33: Reading Comprehension
- Pg. 33: Thinking Critically
- Pg. 33: Literary Criticism
- Pg. 34: Writing
- Pg. 34: Listening
- Pg. 34-35: Vocabulary
- Pg. 36: Analyzing Text
- Pg. 38: Vocabulary
II. Now that you have finished Beowulf, you will read John Gardner's Grendel.
1. At the top of the page on the left hand side you will see several links.
- Read the John Gardner link first.
- Study Guides while you read. You will answer the questions in spite of what it states at the top.
- Read Philosophy and Grendel
- Read /Answer Philosophical Symbolism Assignment
- Final Essay: Typed and MLA formatting
- There is audio recording of the book if you would rather listen to it.
If you have any problems, please feel free to email me. I check my email almost everyday during the summer.
This assignment will be due the Friday we return!!
Have a great summer!