Welcome to Mr. Woods’ Distance Learning Classroom
Beginning April 6th, all assignments and class-specific information for all of Mr. Woods' classes will be posted, assigned, submited, and graded through Google Classroom.
Go to classroom.google.com and log in using your school account.
For technological difficulties (devices, username/password, online tools)
Hotline: (909) 628-1202 X1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8 am - 3 pm, Monday - Friday
* Not for general information or homework help
Please keep in mind, any of the information posted here could change at any time.
I will post (here), and announce (through Remind) all changes as needed.
Please be patient with this process, with your teachers, and with yourself...We're going to get through this. :)
Weekly Routine: (Beginning 6 April, 2020)
EARTH SCIENCE, PHYSICS, PHYSICS HONORS, AP PHYSICS 1, and POE:
There will be a weekly routine as follows:
- Assignments will be posted to Google Classroom by Sunday night (if not sooner), and will be due every Friday.
- Assessments will be posted on Google Classroom on Fridays, and you'll have all day to complete them (submit by 11:59 pm). Reassessments will be optional (instead of doing "corrections" like we used to in class).
- (AP Physics 1 - we are done with our units, and so we won't follow this assessment routine.)
- Assessment scores will be released every Saturday morning. You'll then be able to see which questions you missed.
- Virtual Office Hours (see below) are every Monday, 1-3 pm, if you have anything you want to talk about live.
Or use Remind to send me a message. (See the menu at the top-left for instructions about signing up for Remind.)
Virtual Office Hours: (NEW - beginning Monday 30 March, 2020)
Mondays 1 pm - 3 pm, using Google Meet:
- If you need live help, I will be hosting “Virtual Office Hours” on Mondays 1 pm - 3 pm. You can join any time during those hours, and you do not have to stay the entire time.
- Google Meet is a video-conferencing app like Skype. It is very easy to use. Once you are logged in to your school Google account, you should be able to find the nine dots (the Google Apps). Click that, and select the Meet app. (It might not be in the exact same spot for you…look around.)
- Select “Join or start a meeting”.
- Our meeting code will be “woodsofficehours” (no spaces)
Grades and Feedback:
Grades will be updates in Aeries as often as possible (weekly if possible). Please monitor Aeries through the student/parent portal.
Students can expect specific feedback on their learning progress by monitoring their assignment and assessment scores in Aeries.
Updated Syllabi (reflecting distance learning):