Director of Student Support Services
Antonia Hunt, Ed.D.
Coordinator of Equity, Diversity, and Support Systems
Title IX Coordinator
District Coordinator for Nondiscrimination Regarding Student-On-Student Complaints
Title IX at CVUSD
Consistent with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, CVUSD does not discriminate against students, faculty, or staff based on sex in any of its programs or activities, including but not limited to educational programs, employment, and enrollment. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination and is prohibited by Title IX and by CVUSD.
CVUSD also complies with California laws that protect individuals from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, as well as on the basis of gender identity. Education Code 230 states:
"Harassment and other discrimination on the basis of sex include, but are not limited to, the following practices:
- Exclusion of a person or persons from participation in, denial of the benefits of, or subjection to harassment or other discrimination in, any academic, extracurricular, research, occupational training, or other program or activity.
- Provision of different amounts or types of student financial aid, limitation of eligibility for student financial aid, or the application of different criteria to applicants for student financial aid or for participation in the provision of student financial aid by others.
- Exclusion from participation in, or denial of equivalent opportunity in, athletic programs. Equivalent means equal or equal in effect.
- Harassment or other discrimination among persons, including, but not limited to, students and nonstudents, or academic and nonacademic personnel, in employment and the conditions thereof, except as it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification.
- The application of any rule concerning the actual or potential parental, family, or marital status of a person, or the exclusion of any person from any program or activity or employment because of pregnancy or related conditions."
Questions or concerns about possible discrimination based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity under state law may also be directed to their school's administrators or to the District's Title IX Coordinator, Stephanie Johnson. CVUSD is committed to responding promptly and effectively when it learns of any form of possible discrimination based on sex. CVUSD staff responds to reports of sexual harassment, including sexual violence, as part of its efforts to stop the harassment and prevent the recurrence of possible sex discrimination. An individual who has questions or concerns regarding possible discrimination based on sex should contact the Title IX Coordinator at their respective school or the District's Title IX Coordinator, Stephanie Johnson. An individual also may contact the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (“OCR”). (See Title IX Contacts)
Antonia Hunt, Ed.D.
District's Title IX Coordinator
5130 Riverside Drive
Chino, CA 91710
(909) 628-1202, Ext. 6781