Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a framework designed to improve academic and social behavior for all students by using data for informing decisions using evidence-based behavioral practices.
Our PBIS team consists of stakeholders from all areas. We have clear and concise classroom and schoolwide expectations with a goal of supporting and recognizing positive behavior and choices. Our team meets monthly to review data and best practices.
Some key tenants of the program include:
- Sees behaviors in an environmental context
- Builds structures for success by being proactive
- Teaches and acknowledges appropriate behaviors
- Builds capacity for staff to correct misbehaviors by being consistent
- Builds positive, flexible environments based on data
- Has a goal of self-management for students
We have 3 behavior expectations at Howard Cattle: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Safe.