RECRUITING SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEMBERS
We are in special need of parents and/or community members to volunteer to be members of our School Site Council, hereinafter referred to as SSC.
Duties of the SSC are as follows:
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of, the proposed SPSA from all school advisory committees
- Develop and approve the Single Plan for Student Achievement, hereinafter referred to as the SPSA, and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations
- Recommend the SPSA and expenditures to the governing board for approval
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the SPSA with the princiapl, teachers, and other school staff members
- Make modifications to the SPSA whenever the need arises
- Submit the modified SPSA for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activites or related expenditures
- Annually (and at each semester, trimester, etc ) evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the SSC by the district governing board and by state law
This committee is composed of classroom teachers, other school staff members and parents or community members. Please consider this once a month, one hour per month, committeement and help us make a difference in students lives. If you are interested, please call the school office at 909-591-1136.