Advanced Placement Program
2023 BST Advanced Placement Data
- 64% of students in the BST Class of 2026 earned the honor and distinction of the College Board AP Scholar Award for earning scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams - already in their 9th grade year!
- 93% of students in the BST Class of 2026 earned AP exam scores that qualify for college credit.
- The BST Class of 2026 had a 79% pass rate on their AP exams, compared with a 63% pass rate in CA and a 60% pass rate globally.
- The BST Class of 2026 had a mean score of 3.5 on their AP exams (scores range from 1-5, with a score of 3 or higher needed to pass).
The Advanced Placement® Program (AP) enables willing and academically prepared students to pursue college-level studies while still in high school. The AP program consists of College Board developed college-level courses and corresponding AP Exams that are administered once a year.
Taking AP courses and exams can help students:
- Stand out on college applications. AP courses on a student's transcript show that they've challenged themselves with the most rigorous courses available to them. Success on an AP Exam shows that they're ready for college-level coursework.
- Earn college credit and/or skip introductory courses in college. Most four-year colleges and institutions in the United States - as well as many institutions in more than 100 other countries - grant students credit, placement, or both for qualifying AP Exam scores. Search credit policies by college.