Welcome to Mr. Smouse’s Distance Learning Classroom
Parents and theatre students:
I am available at these times: I work on site at CHS teaching classes in theatre and I am also in my class room during these times
Office Hours: Tuesday Thursday 1:35-2:20
Friday 1:55- 2:20
I am also available Monday, Wednesday all day by email.
From 2:30-4:00 I am generally conducting theatre rehearsals
WAYS to connect with Mr. Smouse
phone: 909 627 7351
During Office hours: Ask the switchboard to connect you with my classroom M-5
Otherwise Please leave a phone number with the switchboard.Temporary:
Parents, you can request by email, a specific time for a google meeting, I can set up.
ATTENTION: CHINO NIGHT AT THE IMPROV: an hour with our CHS improv group
GOOGLE DRAMA CLUB
Students: email Mr. Smouse if you want to attend as a spectator.
Period 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 : Intro Theatre with your student's CVUSD email log on to classlink for the period
Period 4: Adv. Theatre and Production and Performance with your student's CVUSD email log on to classlink for the period
Its very important you log on to the class link through the Chino High website. Private emails have had problems logging on.
Update: Read below
Welcome back to our new 20-21 school year! As with all of your classes, school looks different!
I am looking forward to working with all of you! Theatre arts remain theatre arts, this does not change, but HOW we work together for the short term with Distance Learning and hopefully soon, our cohorts in schedules A or B, does change.
* I am learning with you! As you know, I do not teach with a text, and create everything, using the State Standards and course curriculum as my guide. We will create our theatre program and experiences as we go, with our goal of once again performing for audiences!
My teaching platform is the Google class room through CLASS LINK. Students must sign on with the CVUSD provided student email. Private emails have connectivity problems.
* Drama Club and The International Thespian Society are in place. We are currently working on pantomime, a play called The Boarding House Reach and an Improvisation group
* Drama Club and Thespian Meetings: Our meetings take place through the Drama club classroom. All interested students are to email me at Frank_Smouse@chino.k12.ca.us and I can include them into the group. We generally meet on an annouced Wednesday or Thursday from 11:45-12:05 for a drama club lunch meeting, or during our scheduled rehearsals.
*Officers: I am using our drama club constitution as a guide for selecting our new officers.
* Drama letters: Our drama and theatre letters are in place. I am adapting the requirements. Students are attending our posted rehearsals through drama club
* Classes: Daily attendance is Mandatory. All students must be in contact with me all school days and the times our classes meet.
Period 4: This is a combination of 2 theatre courses in the same period. Advanced Theatre, and Play Production and Performance.
Periods 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 are all Introduction to Theatre courses.
I am learning about Google classroom every day. I record all of your assignments and participation using the Aries district grading program.
Students click on your class on the left.
- Standard announcement message
Here is a link for future lessons starting in August involving assignments with Shakespeare.
- Contact information
- Email: Frank_Smouse@chino.k12.ca.us available all school days
- Other means of communication, Parents and Guardians: We can also meet with Google meet. Please call or email me to request a google meeting so I can set it up. I am commited to responding to student and parent emails within twenty-four hours, weekdays. I am available through phone appointment, regarding assignments, schedules and questions about our theatre program. Please call the CHS switchboard 909 627 7351 and leave a number so I can return your call.
- office hours
- Tuesday Thursday Friday : 1:35-2:20
- Friday: : 1:55-2:20
- As theatre and learning is based on a shared group experience and to meet course and state standards, adaptations are in progress to the various theatre course syllabus to reflect distance learning.
- More information to follow.
- Grades will continue to be reflected on the CVUSD Aries grade program, when instruction resumes per CVUSD
commuication with parents will be by phone and email contact.
This page is only a start, I am learning about new ways to create an interactive, fun web page.