Chino Valley USD Device Protection Plan & Agreement
CVUSD Device Protection Plan 2023/2024
Parents now have the option of purchasing a Chino Valley Unified School District Device Protection Plan for their student's device. The plan provides for accidental damage to the student's device for the current school year at the cost of $40.00. Parents wishing to purchase the protection plan may complete the agreement below and return to the library with cash, or a check made payable to CVUSD, in the amount of $40.00.
WELCOME TO YOUR CHINO HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY / MEDIA CENTER!
The Chino High School Library Media Center provides a unique environment where students can effectively apply their acquired skills with integrity and respect for others. The library strives to support students to think critically and creatively while gaining an enthusiasm for learning. Our mission is to help students achieve their personal and academic goals and become lifelong learners through engagement, technology, teacher collaboration, and a well-maintained and current library collection that empowers students to be effective citizens on campus and in their community.
The Chino High School Library Media Center will be the premier library model by building a knowledge infrastructure that branches into all aspects of the campus culture and by becoming the center for powerful teaching and learning through rigorous and diverse activities in a community of integrity and respect.
Library Hours: Monday thru Friday
7:30am - 4:30pm
(Open on student school days)
Kristina Salazar, Secondary Library/Media Assistant, ext. 3285
Rosemary King, Secondary Library/Media Assistant, ext. 3283
Dorinda Sullivan, District Librarian Chino HS & Chino Hills HS
CHS CTE Library Science I/II
Jennifer Reese, District Librarian Ayala HS & Don Lugo HS
Need help with navigating the online catalog? Check out this Smore presentation!
Need help with navigating the Gale databases? Check out this Smore presentation!
Computers: Access to the school’s network is a privilege and is for school work only. Inappropriate use will result in the loss of privileges, and possible disciplinary action. If students lose their privileges, students and their parents must apply in writing to the Administration, who will decide when and if their privileges will be reinstated.
A few things to remember:
- A valid ID card is always required to check out text and library books.
- All library books are checked out for 2 weeks at a time and can be renewed.
- Free printing is available (black ink only).
- Students MUST have a pass to be in the library during class time.
- Eating, drinking or gum is not allowed.
- Library book late fees are .05c per day, maximum of $5.00.
- Library books that are lost or damaged beyond repair will be charged the full replacement cost of the book.
Textbook services are available with a pass from your teacher during class time or on your own before school, lunch, and after school. New students may come anytime and on the same day as registered.
When you receive your textbook(s), look the book(s) over carefully that day. If you see any damage that is not noted inside the cover, report it within 3 days. A replacement, or repairs, will be done if necessary. Students will be responsible for damage fees if not reported right away. Write your name on the inside front cover of the book and protect your books from the rain or other damage by covering them. Replacing a textbook will cost A LOT, so handle it with care!
If you leave your textbook in a classroom, or anywhere else, YOU are still responsible for it! You are also responsible for returning it directly and in person to the library staff. Always wait to make sure the book turned in is yours and that there are no fines on your account.
- All textbooks must be covered if carried to school.
- Free book covers are available in the library while supplies last. If you need help learning to cover a book, a library staff member will be happy to assist you!
- If you drop a class, return the textbook immediately.
- Any fines on your account can prevent your participation in many extra-curricular activities.
Damage to textbook fees:
- Repairable damages to textbooks = $20.00 minimum bindery fee ($1.50/sheet after 6th page). This includes:
- Torn or missing pages
- Cover or spine damage
- Un-repairable damage to textbooks = full replacement price (Range $67 - $300). This includes;
- Any significant water damage
- Mold or mildew
- Lost book
- Damaged beyond repair
Please contact the Library with any further questions; 909-627-7351, ext 3285.
Students: you can now access all programs you will need through ClassLink!
To open ClassLink:
- Enter your district computer username (not your email) and password:
- “username” is your 9 digit student ID#
- Password format is; First Initial of First Name (UPPERCASE), First Initial of Last Name (lowercase) and last 5 digits of your permanent ID. Example: John Cowboy ID#123456789 would be Jc56789
- ClassLink will give you access to all of your online textbooks, school applications, including the Gale database.