Chino High School HistoryChino High School is one of the oldest schools in all of Southern California. Its history goes back to 1897 when Chino School District and Chino High School were founded. The first class graduated in 1900 from a building long ago demolished. That school once stood on the site of the current Community Building. A new school was constructed on 55 acres of land adjoining Riverside Drive west of Central Ave. At the time, the idea was to also construct a junior college on the same acreage, due to the fact that Chino was not included in a junior college district as it is now (Chaffey Community College District).The current campus of Chino High dates from 1951, when ten class buildings were constructed at the corner of Tenth Street and Park Place. In those days, the campus consisted of a junior and senior high combination, and was referred to as Chino Junior and Senior High. Depending on the classes they attended, students had to commute between the Riverside campus (presently the District Office) and Park Place.Slowly, but surely, additions were made to the current campus. The boys shower and locker building was completed in1951. Shortly thereafter, the bleachers and the stadium were constructed, and with it, the girls shower and locker building. The gym was completed in 1963.Information furnished by Mr. G.F. Litel, former Superintendent, Principal, Vice Principal and teacher at Chino High School.
ALMA MATERDear Chino High schoolFairest of allOur Alma Mater dear,We pledge to thee our Cowboys whoHave won your fame for years..Hail to our Alma Mater dear,Hail all, all hail to theeWe sing to thee, dear Chino High,Hail all, All Hail to Thee