Welcome to Mr. Lund's and Ms. Ryan's Distance Learning Classroom
This is a message from Mr. Rosendahl for those students who are having trouble logging into your classrooms: I just wanted to FYI everyone. Because of all of the questions about students and spinning not entering into meet sessions, this is what I have figured out. If the student has a never ending login to Meet they need to do one of three things. Log into Myclasslink.com Use links there to access google classroom. Reboot computer. There are so many computers logging on the CVUSD servers that sometimes the tokens are not updated. Turn off any gmail account but CVUSD. The last one always works. This is what I do. In google, to make an account the default account you must unsync all of the accounts and then sync CVUSD first. This makes CVUSD the default account. Then add the others.
I/we are committed to responding to all student and parent emails within 24 hours on weekdays.
Virtual Office Hours
These are hours during which I will be available, live, on Google Meet, for questions regarding assignments, schedules, and other schoolwork concerns. Find the link for my Virtual Office hours in our Google
Classroom, Classwork page, under the "Communications" heading.
Monday 1:35-2:20 PM
Tuesday 7:30-8:15 AM
Wednesday 7:30-8:15 AM
Thursday 1:35-2:20 PM
Here is the link for my office hours:
We will be using Google Classroom to post and submit Electronic assignments. Each student will be joined to a Google Classroom automatically (or will receive an access code to enter the class that will be sent to your student email.) If you have any difficulties email me, ASAP.
Parents and Students, please check the Announcements page frequently for the most up to date information for all classes.
Distance Teaching and Learning Classroom Expectations
· Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
· To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
· School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
· It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/ Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on District devices. [Click here to Review the CVUSD Responsible Use Policy.]
· Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
· Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
· Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
· To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
· Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
(when should students begin to login to virtual settings?)
(Are there any reqiurements for virtual meetings, (visual of student, muting at the begining of class, etc.)? )
(How will meeting time be communicated?)
(If a student is absent from a meeting how will they make up the missed session?)
Communications / Academics
(Where will assignments be posted for the week for students?)
(What platform will you be using? (e.g. Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, etc.))
(What apps in ClassLink will students need to access and what is it for?)
(When will assessments be assigned?)
(How will students get feedback on submited work (e.g. comments in Google Classroom, email, in Aeries)? What is the turnaround time for feedback to be given?)
(Which assignments will have feedback provided by the teacher vs. automatically graded by ConnectEd or Pearson?) Example statement:
Assignments completed in Pearson and/or ConnectEd may have instantaneous feedback. All other work submitted will have feedback provided by the teacher.
(How will parent(s)/students be notified of their current progress?)
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student ClassLink page)
Email teacher for access to teacher-specific applications: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
This ClassLink Access page is required for all CVUSD teacher websites. Setting up this ClassLink Access page will allow students to click the page name in the left column of any teacher page and land on the CVUSD ClassLink login page. Students all have a District Email app on their ClassLink page.
- Select New Page
- Page Name is "ClassLink and Email Access"
- Choose "Blank Page" type
- "Save & Exit"
- Tap on "Actions" button to the right of the page name
- Choose "Page Options"
- Copy this address using highlight-then-Control and C keys: https:// launchpad.classlink.com/chino
- Click inside the "Map Page to Web Address" box and use the Control and V keys to paste web address