Computer Class Instructor: Mr. Edwards
Course Description and Goals:
This course is designed to teach students software/hardware concepts and skills needed to pursue careers in Information Communication Technology field. This class focuses on computer hardware and software: Windows 10, Linux, Microsoft Office and Onshape.
Students in the Information Support and Services pathway prepare for careers that involve the implementation of computer services and software, support of multimedia products and services, provision of technical assistance, creation of technical documentation, and the administration and management of information and communication systems. Mastery of information and communication technologies is the foundation for all successful business organizations today. Persons with expertise in information and communication technologies support and services are in high demand for a variety of positions in business and industry. People with expertise in information and communication technologies support and services are in high demand for a variety of positions in business and industry.
Sample occupations associated with this pathway:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Computer User Support Specialist
- Database Administrator
- Document Management Specialist
- Business Intelligence Analyst
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to:
- Identify all parts of a PC
- Discuss the function of Input and output devices
- Identify and troubleshoot basic Hardware/Software problems
- Install operating systems, antivirus, Microsoft Office, games and other programs
- Use the control panel, basic troubleshooting, and exploring Windows10
- Install and uninstall operating systems: Linux, Windows 7, 8, and Windows 10
- Format hard drives and flash drives
- Replace and upgrade PC hardware components
- Take apart and assemble a PC system.
- Make functional Ethernet Cables. (Network patch cables).
- Create a computer network (peer to peer).
- Successfully build a PC system.
- Create a blog website or PowerPoint to demonstrate how to build a PC system.
As part of this course, students learn how to work with PCs and electronics safely by following the safety standards and regulations mandated by United States Department of Labor. Syllabus may be changed and adjusted according to administrator’s review and each student’s need.
- Demonstrate occupational specific communication and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate skills in Information Communication Technology field
- Demonstrate responsible work ethics
- Demonstrate effective use of technology
Signup to our class website usind the access code provided by your instructore.
Syllabus and class information will be posted on Edmodo wall. You can also see it here by scanning this code: