Welcome to Ms. Sullivan's CTE Library Science Distance Learning Classroom!
WELCOME BACK STUDENTS! Students started back this 2020/2021 year on Distance Learning, which began Monday, August 10th. Students were expected to begin remote learning using our Google Classroom on Monday, August 10th, and continue to do so until directed by the District. Well, that time has come and we will be returning to the physical classroom beginning Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021! We will be returning in cohorts, so check your Aeries to determine if you are in Cohort A or Cohort B. Cohort A begins Tuesday, March 23. Our classroom is easy to locate, we are in the Library!
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. You may also post questions in our Google Classroom Stream. I am committed to returning all emails within 24 hours during the school week.
During our distance learning, I will have virtual office hours daily Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 8:15AM and 1:35PM - 2:20PM, and by appointment if you need a different time. I will open a Google Meet for you to meet with me in. The link will be available in our Google Classroom. Please unmute yourself and say "hello" when you enter so that I know you are visiting. Since our classroom is a library (during distance learning my office is at Chino Hills High School Library) I will be working in the library as well as teaching. This is something you will become very familiar with when we begin blended, face-to-face, learning. If these office hours do not work for you, please email me to set-up a virtual appointment or to speak via phone, at another time. When we return to school in Cohorts, my office hours may change, but we will set up a time that works for you when needed.
* Students are expected to access, complete, and submit material in our Google Classroom, which we will be working with all school year.
* All learning will be done through a combination of our Google Classroom, in-person learning, and using posted material, screen casts, projects, journal reflections, given links to apps, etc..
* Students are expected to discuss and respond with their classmates through our Google Classroom while on Distance Learning and participate in-person when appropriate.
* Our complete class syllabus can be found on our Google Classroom.
Directions to Access Google Classroom through ClassLink (open a Chrome Browser)
1. Students can log into their ClassLink through their Chino High School webpage. For example Chino High School would be www.chino.k12.ca.us/chinohigh or click here .
2. ClassLink can be located under the Students tab
3. The username for ClassLink is the same username students use to sign into computers and laptops on campus. For most*, this is the first letter of their first name and their complete last name. Example: jcowboy (for John Cowboy)
*For some students, there can be a number, but students with this type of username already know this to be the case.
4. The password for ClassLink is the same password students use to sign into the computers and laptops on campus. This will be an UPPERCASE first letter of their first name and a lowercase first letter of their last name, and the last five numbers of their student ID. Example: Jc54321 (for John Cowboy xxxx54321)
5. Google Classroom is located in your ClassLink. Your Chino Valley USD email must be used to log into Google Classroom. This is the email that is your username and ends with @stu.chino.k12.ca.us (with your same password as above). Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
More help? CLICK HERE
Directions to Access Google Classroom Directly (open a Chrome Browser)
1. You can access Google Classroom directly at www.classroom.google.com or click here
2. Your username is your student email ending in @stu.chino.k12.ca.us Example: email@example.com
3. Your password is the same password you use to sign into the computers and laptops on campus. Example: Jc54321 (for John Cowboy xxxx54321)
And remember, I may be your Library Science teacher, but I am your school librarian FIRST, and I am always here to help you with any of your academic and classroom needs!
“In a world where you can be anything, be kind" – unknown
"A goal without a plan is just a wish" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince