Welcome to Mrs. Beard's Distance Learning Classroom
English - - - Leadership - - - Eng Inten/Reading
(Credit Recovery Please Check Tab in the Left Hand Menu)
MY GOAL IS TO HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
Email, call, or text me if you have questions or concerns. ALL lessons will be located in Google Classrooms and ALL work will be turned in via Google Classrooms. The codes for individuals classes are below. The general expectations and requirements for each class is outlined on the class syllabus (see tabs on the left)
Virtual Office Hours:
English/DLE - Mon and Wed 12:20 to 2:00
Leadership - Tues and Thurs by appointment
All classes: Friday 1:50 to 2:20
Office Hours will through Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/9505848508?pwd=U3VQdGFhSG1Bc0ExZEZHRVkrMWpnUT09
***Feel free to message me or email me any time, I am committed to replying by the end of the next business day***
School phone 909-628-9903 x7920
Google Voice (909) 313-2282 - call or text
Google Classroom Codes:
English 9/10 - zesq6py
Eng Inten/Reading/ELD B - w7crgue
Leadership - wdkueke
There will be new assignments posted for ALL classes for each day we meet. You will have an assignment due almost every day of attendance (longer projects might take several classes to complete). Attendance during your scheduled class time is mandatory. Communication is essential even if you are experiencing technical difficulties. You can email, call, or text.
General Expectations for ALL Classes
- Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
- To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
- School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
- It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on District devices. [Click here to Review the CVUSD Responsible Use Policy.]
- Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
- Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
- Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
- To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
- Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
FIRST - Try restarting your chromebook. They update everytime they are turned on. Closing it is not the same as shutting it down!
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student ClassLink page)
Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
Access to district technology from home: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us
If you can, also notify me of trouble you're having as soon as possible. My contact info is at the top of this page
Students must log into their Google Classroom account, and open our classroom AT THE BEGINNING OF OUR SCHEDULED CLASS TIMES. In the banner at the top, there is a meeting link to join the class.
Students must be visible during the meeting. If I cannot see you, then you are not "present." Participation counts!
Scheduled Class times have been given to students and parents at registration. If you need to see the schedule again, you can find it here
If you are unable to attend a class, you are "absent." You can still make up the work for that class day, but you cannot make up the participation grade.
Communications / Academics
PLEASE MAKE SURE the office has your current and correct contact information. Teachers must rely on this to communicate with parents!
I'm available and happy to answer questions during regular office hours in the classroom (909) 628-9903 x7920, via text or voicemail 909-313-2282, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm committed to returning messages by the next business day. Students are also encouraged to ask questions on Google classroom or during our virtual class meetings. PARENTS can also drop in to the virtual ofice hours as these are held through Zoom. That's FIVE ways to contact me! I am here for you - I want you to be successful!
Assignments will be posted for each day the class meets. There will be "Class assignments" but I may also add Questions or Materials. Your upcoming "due" work is posted on teh stream page in that menu on the right hand side - check there or contact me directly if you have any quesitons about assignments that are due. Every assignment will have a Due date posted (and typically in will be due either that day or the following day). Assignments that are turned in after the due date and time will still be accepted, though late work may receive a lower grade for being late. If you're having technical difficulties, you should let me know as soon as possible to avoid or mitigate these penalties.
ALL work will should be turned in through Google classroom.
I typically try to grade assignments the day I receive them. Larger or LATE assignments might take a little more time. Expect a grade and comments. If you're offered the chance to fix an assignment to turn in for a higher grade, take the offer.
If you have questions about a grade or a comment, ask (during class, via email, text, Google Classroom private messages, or drop into office hours). My goal is for you to earn a good grade - I know you can do it!
Grades are available in the Google classroom. HOWEVER, Google only calculates grades based on assignments completed. If you/your student is falling behind, I will be contacting you. Most likely, I will use my Google Voice number (909) 313-2282. If you have a preferred method of contact, please make sure the office has that information