CLASS ATTENDANCE POLICY :
The more you come to class, the faster you will get better with your English skills.
Regular attendance - 80% minimum - is encouraged and recommended to get regular face-to-face interaction practice, so that you can gain the most improvement in your English speaking and listening skills. This can only be practiced in class with your classmates.
If you will be absent from class for TWO weeks or more, please communicate with me in writing (a short email/a small note). You may be automatically dropped from the class if you do not tell me before your absence that you will miss class for two weeks. Your seat may be given to another student.
If you miss one or two days of class in a week, there is no need to tell me.
It is your responsibility to catch up with the class and get class notes from your classmates.
Whenever you don't know something or you are unsure about something, ask questions. This is part of your learning. The more questions you ask, the more you will improve your speaking. Practice asking 1 or 2 classmates your question FIRST, before asking me.
**NEW THIS SEMESTER (FALL 2023)**
Daily Monthly Homework - to improve your English pronunciation, practice your listening and speaking skills with Past and Past Continuous + Future and Future Continuous tenses. Play the Youtube song playlist below and sing these songs at home every day for the month of August & September. We will karaoke and sing these songs at the end of the month, during our monthly birthday party.
Future Tense Songs:
1. Tomorrow (1977) - from Annie, the Broadway musical show
2. Never Gonna Give You Up (1987) - Rick Astley
3. I'll Remember (1994) - Madonna
4. Every Breath You Take (1983) - The Police
Past Tense Songs:
1. Because You Loved Me (1996) - Celine Dione
2. Thunder (2017) - Imagine Dragons
3. Somebody That I Used to Know (2013) - Gotye
4. High Hopes (2018) - Panic at The Disco!
5. EXTRA - We Didn't Start the Fire (1989) - Billy Joel
Practice below or click on the August + September playlist link here - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6jaKwmZBnTMuDfhhbi69ZyXd_Ck4373I
Daily Monthly Homework - practice your listening and speaking skills for practice with Present and Present Continuous tenses
Play the Youtube song playlist below and sing these 6 songs at home every day for the month of July:
1. Patriotic song - Grand Old Flag - (1906) George M. Cohan
2. What a Wonderful World - (1967) Louis Armstrong
3. I Can See Clearly Now - (1972) Johnny Nash
4. Stand By Me - (1961) Ben E. King
5. EXTRA: Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay - (1967) Otis Redding