Distance Learning - Spring 2020
Mrs. May’s Distance Learning Classroom!
Check your email & DoJo too!
- My office hours for are now Monday-Friday, 10:00 - 12:00 p.m.
- The best way to reach me is Class DoJo or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5/18/2020Hello families,😊During these last two weeks of the 2019-2020 school years, let's work on lessons and stay motivated with 100% participation!Students are asked to complete some Math & Reading, and then enjoy going, writing, and telling about their Virtual Field Trips, Gardening, and/or creating Fine Arts and Culinary Arts projects! Share pictures! Prompt your child to look in our Google Classroom today!Please mark your calendars and tell your child about the next two weeks dates, times and rules as of now:5/18, 5/19 Monday and Tuesday - all invited: Optional Zoom Drop in, say hello, get help 10:00-12:00.
5/20/2020 Wednesday - all invited: Awards & Birthday Zoom meeting @ 10:00 -12:00.5/21/2020 Thursday - all invited Optional Zoom Drop in, say hello, get help 10:00-12:00.5/22/2020 Friday - 6th Grade Celebration Zoom @ 10:30! Email & DoJo to follow with meeting information!5/22/202 Friday: Office Hours after Promotion for 2 hrs. (Approximately 11-12 and 1-2)5/25/2020 Monday: Memorial Day Holiday- No School (Honor War Heroes & Service Members)5/26 & 5/27 Tuesday & Wednesday: Office hours 10:00-12:00.5/28/2020 Thursday: Last day of School-Distance Learning Drop off/Pick up 11:00 - 11:30.**Masks & Social Distancing Required.**Mrs. May's Parents check in devices & Books at the Office. Personal belongings pick up, Class Book dropped off in Room 14.**Per County Guidelines see Mrs. Hutchinson's email: All persons on campus are required to wear masks and maintain social distancing (6 feet) from non-family members at all times. Visits are to be quick, no gatherings on campus to maintain safety for all. If you are unable to adhere to the dates and times given, please contact Mrs. Hutchinson. email@example.com/29/2020 Teacher work day: Report Cards mailed home by the District. Progress Reports on IEP Goals sent to this email.(Copies available after schools reopen.)Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and monitor DoJo frequently for updates! 😊❤️👍Thank you all for participating,Mrs. Diane May, M.A. Ed., Special Education Specialist,Liberty Elementary, CVUSDdiane_may@chino.k12.ca.us & DoJo (10-12)"We all need to be Lifelong Learners...Paint their minds and inspire their thoughts."Distance Learning April - May 2020
**Whole Group Class Meetings are Thursday at 10:00 to stay motivated and share!**
*Small group meetings 10 & 11 by appointment.*
- I will send your parent a DoJo with the meeting time and link at least 1 day in advance.
- Parents will write it down or print the link for you and leave it on your keyboard.
- Students Turn off your computer each night & Plug in to charge!
- Students open ClassLink: Google Classroom, IXL or Lexia to work.
- Students join meetings on time.
- Parents notify me 1 hr. in advance via DoJo if meeting conflict.
- Students follow along, listen, and pay attention to all speakers.
- Students keep their hands ready to type or click on the mouse.
- Students listen for your name and answer questions. Raise your hand to speak.
- Parents: Please remind your child to eat and exercise before the meeting, straighten up their space each day, keep their glasses handy as needed, covered their water near their device, have a pencil, paper, and recent work nearby, sit up, smile, share ideas, plus answer questions clearly in their own words. Please do not speak for them. It is best to let them attend meetings without you when possible, to foster independence, so your child does not look to you to think for them.
To Do Daily: Students need to Charge and Restart their newest device daily, look at annoucements here, and then at the top of the screen go to Classwork.
1. Students are expected to choose, complete and submit 50 minutes of ELA, 50 Minutes of Math, and 20 minutes of P.E. daily. (They can do this! They work at school 5+ hours.)
2. Submitted scores by Google Classroom (GC) will be communicated to parent(s) weekly via GC.
3. Work status on Lexia and IXL will be communicated weekly.
4. Non-work status will be communicated daily between 12-2 via DoJo.
Need to contact Technology at the District for instructions or advice?
RESTART your newest Device first and Login to ClassLink using Google Chrome first!
Call 909-628-1202, ext. 1080 from 8-3 p.m. M-F
Please contact Help Desk at Help_Desk@chino.k12.ca.us
Username and password issues
Ask for help to add: chrome extensions (Ctrl+Alt+Z to add Read Aloud)
Below are important Links:
Special Education information: https://www.chino.k12.ca.us/Page/28807
ESY Summer Extended School year: https://www.chino.k12.ca.us/Page/33968
Parent Behavior Support: Behavior PowerPoint for Parents During Distance Learning with links_4.6.20.pptx
English Learner DELD Link: https://www.chino.k12.ca.us/Page/33342
Do it yourself Help: Elementary Parent ClassLink One Page Troubleshooting ClassLink Elementary Student ClassLink One Page Chino Valley-Get Answers to Tech Questions Now: https://www.chino.k12.ca.us/Page/30931
You must contact SLP if your student has SLP services: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must contact APE if your student has APE services: email@example.com
You must contact OT if your student has OT services: Kristyn_bonayon@chino.k12.ca.us
Please contact Ms. Bell for questions about music: Woodcrest under Athletics/Activities by grade- Liberty/Woodcrest Music
Mrs. May, Grades 5 & 6 Syllabus - Mrs. May's Remote Learning Tuesday 4/14 - 5/28/2020:
- Daily work and directions are above and will be found using Google Chrome- ClassLink: launchpad.classlink.com/chino
To access Google Classroom please do the following:
- Go to the Liberty Elementary Website.
- Click on Students.
- Click on the ClassLink. If needed, type in the username and password to get into Class Link.
- Click on Google Classroom.
- Your e-mail address is your firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use your password is what you used to get on ClassLink.
- Click on Mrs. Diane May 2019-2020 in Google Classroom.
- Click on Stream at the top of the page. Then Read or Listen to Stream (Read Aloud: Ctrl+Alt+Z)
- Click on Classwork at the top of the page to find assignments.
- To "Share" finished quizzes, tests, and written work: Save a copy, add name, do work, share.
- Click on Tools to find helpful items. DoJo me for other accommodations/help/modifications.
- Click ELA, Math and P.E. each day adding Lexia and IXL or do Modified work agreed upon.
Google Classroom will include:
- Lexia- ELA
- Lexia- DELD
- IXL- Math
- IXL- ELA, Social Studies, Science
- IXL- DELD Social Studies
- Reading- Read Works, Vooks, Kids YouTube (books & lessons)
- Zoom (Whole and Small group Meetings and Lessons)
- Google Meet ups (Whole and Small group Meetings and Lessons)
- Pearson- Math
- Connect Ed- (English Language Arts & DELD lessons)
- Social Studies/Virtual Field Trips/Science/Art/Fun Friday/Tools: Optional
- Students will follow Learning Expectations including be Responsible, be Respectful, and be Safe.
- Students will be expected to complete their work on a daily basis.
- Students will submit work on the date due, usually daily (depending on the assignment).
- Students will follow the schedule/routine posted on Google Classroom.
- Assessments, grades and feedback will usually be communicated with students and parents within seven (7) days.
- Please ensure I have the most up to date contact information to communicate with you.
- We can do this! ~ Mrs. May