AVID- Advancement Via Individual Determination
- In CVUSD, AVID is a 7th-12th grade system to help prepare students for four year college eligibility.
- AVID targets students who have a desire to go to college and the willingness to work hard. These are studens that are capable of completing rigorous curriculum.
- In the AVID Elective, students spend one period per day learning organizational and study skills, working on critical thinking and asking probing questions, getting academic help from peers and college tutors, and participating in enrichment and motivational activities that make their college dream attainable.
- AVID students are more likely to take AP classes, complete their college eligibility requirements and get into 4 year college than those who do not take AVID.
- An application process is required.
Please read the AVID program brochure for more information.