College and Career
Before you can have access to all the great features available to you via CCGI (California Colleges Guidance Initiative), you will need to first register your account.
Steps for registering your account:
- Go to californiacolleges.edu
- Click on the lock icon in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.
- In the student box section, click on Register Your Account.
- Enter the school district (Chino Valley Unified), name of your school, your ID number (the number you use for lunch), and your date of birth and year. Click Next when done.
- Create an Account: you will click “sign up with an email (the blue one)”
- Enter your school email address (@stu.chino.k12.ca.us) and make your password be your computer login password for the district computers (i.e. the password you used to log into this computer).
How to log in after you have registered your account:
- Go to californiacolleges.edu
- Click on the lock in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage
- Locate the SIGN IN section (near the top of the page) and click on it
- Sign in using your district email and password click “sign-in” when done.
Here are other cool sites to help you with your career planning:
California Career Zone: www.cacareerzone.org
Need a reality check? : www.cacareerzone.org/budget/
Need more information about different jobs or careers? www.careeronestop.org
Want to watch short videos about different jobs or careers? https://www.careeronestop.org/Videos/CareerVideos/career-videos.aspx
Want to go to college?
Here is a handout for your students to follow if they want to attend a 4-year university/college right after High School. This form is to be discussed with your student's HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELOR. All our classes here at Woodcrest are preparing the students for high school and beyond.The PSAT 8/9 is the first exam in the College Board's "SAT Suite of Assessments" and is offered to eighth and ninth graders. The purpose of the PSAT 8/9 is to establish a starting point in terms of college and career readiness as students transition to high school. Magnolia offers the PSAT 8/9 to all of our 8th grade students in the winter (fee of charge). Click here to take an at-home practice test.SAT - Scholastic Aptitude Test
The SAT is a college entrance exam that high school students have to take to get accepted into college. The test has three parts: reading, writing, and mathematics. There are also SAT subjects tests with test your knowledge in specific subjects, i.e. language arts, math, science, history, and foreign languagesACT - American College Testing
The ACT is a college entrance exam that high school students take in order to get accepted into college. The test has four sections; English, mathematics, reading, and science. There is also an ACT writing test. Most students in California take the SAT, not the ACT.Click here to read a guide with all the information you'll need to know about taking the ACT.
Universities of California
This is the website for the 10 colleges in the University of California (UC) system -- UCLA,
UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, UC Santa Cruz, UC Merced, & UC San Francisco.California State Universities
This is the website for the 23 universities in the California State University (Cal State/CSU) system, i.e. Cal State San Bernardino, Cal State Los Angeles, Cal State Fullerton, Cal State Northridge, etc.This is the website for the 115 California Community Colleges.