Welcome to Ms. Stanfield's
American Studies (8th History)
Distance Learning Classroom
All assignments will be posted on Google Classroom
All classes will use Google Meets for instruction
I am committed to responding to/acknowledging student and parent emails within 24 hours on school days (7:30am-2:30pm)
Regular Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 1:45-2:30pm
Special Office Hours for First Day of School:
**Monday 8/10 only - 12:27-1:08pm**
Contact Info: email@example.com
(909) 627-9263 x7347
What are the expectations for class?
- keep all login/password information to yourself; do not share with others
- Participate in class with your camera on at all times
- Dress appropriately for class
- Mute your mic during class unless called on to answer
- Use the chat function in Google Meets for questions for the teacher and nothing else. Keep questions on-topic and refrain from comments.
- Use appropriate language at all times
- Phones should be put away and not used during class (no pictures or recording)
What will be learned this year? U.S. history, starting from the English Colonies in North America all the way to the Civil War and its aftermath, Reconstruction (1619-1877). This covers 8th grade content standards 8.1 through 8.11.
What kind of assignments will there be? Following the common core standards for literacy in social studies/history, assignments will emphasize:
- citing textual evidence
- determining the central idea of a text
- reading complex texts independently as the year progresses
- writing arguments to support claims with clear evidence
- produce clear and coherent writing assignments
- the analysis of historical primary sources
- Be ready for class; use a place in your home free from distractions
- Complete the attendance task, even on school days that you do not have history
How will work be graded?
- Classwork 40% of grade; projects/tests/writing assignments 60%
- Grades will be posted regularly in Aeries
How should work be submitted? Please submit through Google Classroom. Attach any pictures of any written or drawn work.
MS-HSS-USH-Unit 3 -- Chapter 10- Expanding West.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 4 -- Chapter 11- North.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 4 -- Chapter 12- South.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 4 -- Chapter 13- New Movements in America.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 4 -- Chapter 14- Divided Nation.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 5 -- Chapter 15- Civil War.pdf