Welcome to Ms. Stanfield's
American Studies(8th History)
All assignments will be posted and submitted via
Meet Your Teacher Night Info:
August 25, 2021
The Google Meet Link for Meet Your Teacher Night
This link is also posted as an announcement in your child's Google Classroom
Students have been reminded to log into
their school Chromebooks for their parents/guardians.
Contact Info: email@example.com
(909) 627-9263 x7347
What are the expectations for class?
Bring your school Chromebook (charged) and agenda to class each day
Wear your mask properly (over mouth and nose) at all times
What will be learned this year? U.S. history, starting from the English Colonies in North America all the way to the Civil War and its aftermath, Reconstruction (1619-1877). This covers 8th grade content standards 8.1 through 8.11.
What kind of assignments will there be? Following the common core standards for literacy in social studies/history, assignments will emphasize:
- citing textual evidence
- determining the central idea of a text
- reading complex texts independently as the year progresses
- writing arguments to support claims with clear evidence
- produce clear and coherent writing assignments
- the analysis of historical primary sources
- Be ready for class; use a place in your home free from distractions
- Complete the attendance task, even on school days that you do not have history
How will work be graded?
- Classwork 40% of grade; projects/tests/writing assignments 60%
- Grades will be posted regularly in Aeries
How should work be submitted? Please submit through Google Classroom. Links are available to submit assignments via cell phones.
MS-HSS-USH-Unit 3 -- Chapter 10- Expanding West.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 4 -- Chapter 11- North.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 4 -- Chapter 12- South.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 4 -- Chapter 13- New Movements in America.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 4 -- Chapter 14- Divided Nation.pdf MS-HSS-USH-Unit 5 -- Chapter 15- Civil War.pdf