Welcome to Mr. Abel’s Distance Learning ClassroomYou should have received your google classroom code by now.
All students should also use the code n5t3fac
If you have not been getting our emails please check your school email account
- Email: Jeffrey_Abel@chino.k12.ca.us
- Virtual office hours
- These are hours which I will be avaible, live, on google meets, for questions regarding assignments, schedules and other school concerns. Find the link for my virtual office hours in our common integrated 1 google class.
- Mon and Wed. 1:35 - 2:20 pm
- Tues. and Thur. 7:30 - 8:15 am
Distance Learning Classroom Expectations and Norms of Conduct
General Guidelines When Working with Students in Virtually
Considerations of expectations/norms that need to be explicitly communicated and taught to Students
- Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
- To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
- School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
- Generally, there should be an expectation that students participate with their camera on. Accommodations can be addressed through an IEP meeting with Students with Disabilities or through a meeting for students with a 504 who are unwilling to participate with the camera on. For all other students who demonstrate an unwillingness to be visible on camera will be addressed with the student/parent.
- What is the protocol for the following?
- Should the camera be on when participating? Yes
- When should the microphone be muted? Until called upon
- When should the microphone be on? When call upon
- When should the chat box be used? To ask questions
- Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
- Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
- Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
- To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
- Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
- Students should be aware of the expectation of the attendance task for the days they are not with the teachers for synchronous instruction.
- Assignments and Assesments will be submitted through google classroom.
- Email Mr. Abel if not received information by Aug 10th
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Jeff Abel
I graduated from Upland High School in 1984, then proceeded to the University of LaVerne. While there I got my bachelors degree in physical education and my teaching credential in math, science and phys. ed. During my time there I assisted the football and basketball teams, played two season of soccer and four years of baseball, where I set 2 school records and 1 NCAA national record. In 2016 I completed my Masters in Sports Administration from Concordia University.