Thank you for your interest in the Chino Valley Unified School District (CVUSD) International Student Program. CVUSD accepts applications from International Students applying for grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 for a one-year public high school experience. The International Student Program supports a global relationship with the use of the I-20 form needed for the F-1 visa.
The application filing period for the 2019-2020 school year is open. Students are encouraged to submit their completed applications as soon as possible to allow ample time for processing.
Follow these steps to become a new or transfer F-1 student in CVUSD:
- Complete and submit the 2019-2020 School Year Application - downloadable on the left side of this webpage.
- Use the checklist to ensure all forms and supporting documents are provided.
- $350 application fee is non-refundable.
- Video chat interview with the International Counselor.
- Upon acceptance, a letter will be issued to the student.
- CVUSD will issue the I-20 form.
- Pay the I-901 fee online at Department of Homeland Security before going to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate Office for the F-1 visa interview.
- Communicate with the International Counselor about your F-1 visa status, including your travel dates.
- The first day of school for the 2019-2020 school year is Monday, August 12, 2019. Students accepted into the CVUSD International Student Program are required to arrive approximately 2 weeks before the first day of school for registration and orientation.