REQUEST FOR INTERDISTRICT ATTENDANCE PERMIT
(District to District Transfers)
- This form is for students residing within the CVUSD boundary requesting to attend school in a district outside of CVUSD.
- Return this form to Student Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. Do not send it directly to the district you are requesting to be transferred to.
- Students requesting admittance into CVUSD on an interdistrict attendance permit begin the process at their district of residence.
Upon receiving a permit for transfer into the Chino Valley Unified School District ("CVUSD") that has been approved by the student's district of residence, or upon receiving a written request from the parent/guardian of a CVUSD student who desires to enroll in another district, the Superintendent or designee shall review the request and may approve or deny the permit subject to the terms and conditions of the Interdistrict Attendance Agreement. (BP/AR 5117)
- Interdistrict attendance permit applications are available online and in Student Support Services for parents/guardians of students that reside within the CVUSD boundary who desire to attend school in another district.
- Parents/guardians of students who reside outside of the CVUSD boundary and desire to attend a CVUSD school shall request the interdistrict attendance permit application from their district of residence.
- Both districts must approve the application before the student may enroll.
- An approved interdistrict attendance permit into CVUSD is valid through the 12th grade.
- An interdistrict attendance permit may be denied or revoked due to space availability, academic performance, attendance, and/or behavior concerns. For students entering grades 11 or 12 in the subsequent school year, interdistrict attendance permits cannot be revoked for any reason.
- No interdistrict attendance permit will be approved unless a Board-approved Interdistrict Attendance Agreement is in force with the other district involved.
- CVUSD does not provide transportation for any student approved through the interdistrict transfer process.
- For incoming requests, CVUSD shall consider the needs and preferences of students and parents/guardians before making an assignment but is not obligated to accept the parent/guardian's preference if the assignment is not feasible due to space constraints or other considerations.