- Intradistrict transfer request applications may still be submitted for the 2019/2020 school year.
- If you wish to submit a transfer request for the 2020/2021 school year, follow the Intradistrict Open Enrollment process. See Intradistrict Open Enrollment for 2020/2021
- Intradistrict transfer request applications are only available in the Office of Student Support Services outside of the Intradistrict Open Enrollment period.
- Only one application per student for a desired school year may be submitted.
- Submission of an intradistrict transfer request application does not guarantee placement at the requested school.
- Parents/guardians are required to enroll their student in their attendance area school until notified the transfer has been approved. Students who are not enrolled in their attendance area school on the first day of school may be removed from the transfer process.
- Submitted intradistrict transfer request applications are placed on the waiting list following the Intradistrict Open Enrollment applications. Through September 30th of each year, intradistrict transfer applications shall not be approved until all Intradistrict Open Enrollment applications for the requested school and requested grade level have been approved.
- Intradistrict transfer enrollment decisions are based on available space, student's academic performance, attendance, and/or behavior concerns. If the transfer is approved, it may be revoked due to overcrowding, lack of academic achievement, poor attendance, and/or unsatisfactory behavior. (This does not apply to Intradistrict Open Enrollment transfer requests.)
- Parent/guardian shall confirm enrollment at the school site within ten school days following notification of the transfer approval or the application becomes void.
- Intradistrict transfer requests may be approved for the remainder of the school year or through highest grade served at the site.
- Transfers approved for the remainder of the school year require submission of a new transfer request for the succeeding year.
- Students placed at the requested school through the highest grade served at the site no longer have first priority rights to enroll in the school of attendance area in which they reside and may apply for such enrollment through the transfer process.
- Parents/guardians shall complete a new transfer request application in the sixth grade and again in the eighth grade if they desire to follow in the feeder pattern for the next school year, provided that the requested school is accepting applications for the desired school year.
- If student moves while attending the transfer school, the school must be notified of the address change. If the new address is no longer in the boundaries of the school of residence as indicated on the initial application, the transfer becomes void and a new transfer request must be submitted. Continued placement is not guaranteed.
- The District will not assume any responsibility for transportation of students who have received an intradistrict transfer and parent/guardian shall provide transportation for students approved through this process.
For further information on intradistrict transfers, contact Student Support Services.
These schools are NOT open to all transfers. Transfers will be accepted only if:
*Sibling of student requesting transfer has established residency through a prior transfer process within the school requested and siblings must both attend the same school in the same school year; and/or
*Student whose parent/guardian is employed by CVUSD and assigned to the requested school as his/her primary place of employment for the requested school year.
Restrictions apply to the following schools for the 2019/2020 School Year:
● Cal-Aero K-8 ● Rhodes Elementary ● Wickman Elementary
Restrictions apply to the following schools for the 2020/2021 School Year:
● Cal-Aero K-8 ● Rhodes Elementary