Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer Period
for the 2022/2023 School Year
Grades TK through 12th
November 1, 2021 through December 3, 2021
APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE STARTING NOVEMBER 1
Student Support Services
2730 South Bon View Avenue
Ontario, CA 91761
(909) 628-1202, Ext. 6745
(Located between Liberty ES and Woodcrest JHS)
Office hours are 7:30-4:30, Monday through Friday
Office will remain open Monday through Wednesday during Thanksgiving break
The parent/guardian of any student who resides within district boundaries may apply to enroll their child in any district school, regardless of the location of residence within the district. (Education Code 35160.5) No student currently residing within a school’s attendance area shall be displaced by another student transferring from outside the attendance area. (Education Code 35160.5)
GENERAL INFORMATION to apply for a transfer for the next academic school year (2022/2023):
- Intradistrict open enrollment applications will be available online (a link to the form will be provided) beginning at 7:30 am on November 1, 2021. Applications may be submitted at anytime before 4:30 p.m. on December 3, 2021.
- Only one intradistrict open enrollment transfer application per student may be submitted. Applications are not approved on a first come, first served basis and will be placed in a random, unbiased lottery on January 10, 2022.
- Submission of an intradistrict open enrollment transfer application does not guarantee placement at the school requested.
SCHOOLS CLOSED TO TRANSFERS FOR THE 2022/2023 SCHOOL YEAR, with the exception of qualifying siblings and qualifying students of Chino Valley Unified School District: (See, "Intradistrict Open Enrollment Priorities" below.)
● Cal-Aero K-8 ● Rhodes Elementary
INTRADISTRICT OPEN ENROLLMENT PRIORITIES:
- Siblings of students who have established residency through a prior transfer process within the school requested shall have priority for available space at that school. For sibling preference to apply, siblings must both attend the same school in 2022/2023.
- The next priority is for students whose parent/guardian is employed by Chino Valley Unified School District and assigned to the requested school as his/her primary place of employment for the 2022/2023 school year.
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN: See also, Transitional Kindergarten Information Page
- Transitional kindergarten pre-registration applications submitted during the Intradistrict Open Enrollment period are included in the lottery. A link to the TK pre-registration application for the 2022/2023 school year will be posted beginning at 7:30 a.m. on November 1, 2021.
- Student must have their fifth birthday between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023. Parent/Guardian must present proof of child's age to Student Support Services when submitting the application to verify age eligibility. For a list of acceptable documents to verify age, see https://www.chino.k12.ca.us/domain/5348.
- Current TK parents/guardians (students attending in the 2021/2022 school year): Students shall return to their residence school for next year kindergarten. If you wish to have your student attend kindergarten at the school where attending TK, you need to submit an intradistrict transfer request during the open enrollment period. Requesting a transfer for your student does not guarantee continued placement at the TK school.
- The lottery is a one-day event where all applications submitted during the intradistrict open enrollment period are assigned a random, unbiased lottery number to establish the rank order in which applications may be accepted.
- On January 10, 2022, the lottery will be held in the District's Professional Development Center located at 4545 Danito Court, Chino, CA, 91710. The lottery will begin at 8:30 a.m. for transitional kindergarten, elementary and K-8 schools and at 1:30 p.m. for junior high and high schools. Your attendance is welcome, but not mandatory.
- Postcard notification of the student's random, unbiased lottery number will be mailed to parent/guardian on January 21, 2022.
- After the lottery has been conducted and when space is not available to accommodate all applicants, students shall be placed on a waiting list, in rank order by lottery number, for the school requested. As space allows, applications shall be approved in rank order through September 30.
- The intradistrict open enrollment transfer waiting list expires September 30 for all school sites.
- Parents/guardians are required to enroll their student in their residence school until notified of the transfer approval. Students who are not enrolled in their residence school on the first day of school may be removed from the transfer process.
- Parents/guardians shall be notified by school site personnel when applications are approved.
- Parents/guardians shall confirm their students' enrollment at the school requested within ten (10) school days following notification of the transfer approval or the transfer is forfeited.
TERM OF ENROLLMENT:
- Transitional kindergarten applications are approved for current year only. TK students shall return to their residence school for kindergarten.
- K-12 students placed through the intradistrict open enrollment transfer process are approved through the highest grade served at the school requested. Enrollment does not extend to the next school. A new application is required for each grade span: K-6, 7-8, 9-12.
- Students who desire to continue in the feeder junior high or high school of the school requested shall submit a new transfer application in the sixth grade, and again in the eighth grade, during the intradistrict open enrollment application period. This election is subject to space availability.
STUDENTS WHO DESIRE TO RETURN TO THEIR RESIDENCE SCHOOL:
- Students on an approved intradistrict open enrollment transfer no longer have first-priority rights to enroll in their residence school. Students who desire to return to their residence school must apply for such enrollment as available through the intradistrict open enrollment process. (Does not apply to TK.)
CHANGE OF STUDENT ADDRESS FOR A PENDING OR APPROVED TRANSFER:
- Change of address on the student record must be made at the school site you are currently attending.
- If student's address changes while the application is still pending on the waitlist, parent/guardian shall also notify Student Support Services of the new address.
- Once your transfer has been approved, and your address changes to an area outside of the residence school on the application, your transfer is voided and a new request for intradistrict transfer application must be submitted in Student Support Services. Continued placement at the transfer school is not guaranteed.
- Parents/guardians shall provide transportation for their students on an approved intradistrict transfer and for students in transitional kindergarten. The district will not assume any responsibility for transportation of a student who has accepted an intradistrict transfer.
For further information regarding intradistrict open enrollment transfers, please contact Student Support Services.