INTRADISTRICT OPEN ENROLLMENT
(November 2, 2020 through December 4, 2020)
The intradistrict open enrollment transfer period for the 2021/2022 school year has closed. To submit a transfer outside of open enrollment see https://www.chino.k12.ca.us/Page/21700.
For those that applied for an intradistrict transfer through the open enrollment process, the next steps are:
- The lottery is a one-day event where all applications submitted during the intradistrict open enrollment period are assigned a random, unbiased lottery number to establish the rank order in which applications may be accepted.
- On January 19, 2021, the lottery will be held in the District's Professional Development Center located at 4545 Danito Court, Chino, CA, 91710. The lottery will begin at 8:30 a.m. for transitional kindergarten, elementary and K-8 schools and at 1:30 p.m. for junior high and high schools. Your attendance is welcome, but not mandatory.
- Postcard notification of the student's random, unbiased lottery number will be mailed to parent/guardian on February 1, 2021.
- After the lottery has been conducted and when space is not available to accommodate all applicants, students shall be placed on a waiting list, in rank order by lottery number, for the school requested. As space allows, applications shall be approved in rank order through September 30.
- The intradistrict open enrollment transfer waiting list expires September 30 for all school sites.
- Parents/guardians are required to enroll their student in their residence school until notified of the transfer approval. Students who are not enrolled in their residence school on the first day of school may be removed from the transfer process.
- Parents/guardians shall be notified by school site personnel when applications are approved.
- Parents/guardians shall confirm their students' enrollment at the school requested within ten (10) school days following notification of the transfer approval or the transfer is forfeited.
TERM OF ENROLLMENT:
- Transitional kindergarten applications are approved for current year only. TK students shall return to their residence school for kindergarten.
- K-12 students placed through the intradistrict open enrollment transfer process are approved through the highest grade served at the school requested. Enrollment does not extend to the next school. A new application is required for each grade span: K-6, 7-8, 9-12.
- Students who desire to continue in the feeder junior high or high school of the school requested shall submit a new transfer application in the sixth grade, and again in the eighth grade, during the intradistrict open enrollment application period. This election is subject to space availability.
STUDENTS WHO DESIRE TO RETURN TO THEIR RESIDENCE SCHOOL:
- Students on an approved intradistrict open enrollment transfer no longer have first-priority rights to enroll in their residence school. Students who desire to return to their residence school must apply for such enrollment as available through the intradistrict open enrollment process. (Does not apply to TK.)
CHANGE OF STUDENT ADDRESS FOR A PENDING OR APPROVED TRANSFER:
- Change of address on the student record must be made at the school site you are currently attending.
- If student's address changes while the application is still pending on the waitlist, parent/guardian shall also notify Student Support Services of the new address.
- Once your transfer has been approved, and your address changes to an area outside of the residence school on the application, your transfer is voided and a new request for intradistrict transfer application must be submitted in Student Support Services. Continued placement at the transfer school is not guaranteed.
- Parents/guardians shall provide transportation for their students on an approved intradistrict transfer and for students in transitional kindergarten. The district will not assume any responsibility for transportation of a student who has accepted an intradistrict transfer.
For further information regarding intradistrict open enrollment transfers, please contact Student Support Services.