The Intradistrict Open Enrollment period for the 2023-2024 school year has closed. If you are interested in submitting an application to transfer your student, see below.
If you are seeking to transfer your student for the 2023 - 2024 school year, complete the intradistrict transfer application and indicate the school year you are applying for.
Click here for the Intradistrict Transfer Application
Click here for more information on Intradistrict Transfers
Click here for the Transitional Kindergarten Information Page
Return completed application to Student Support Services by one of the following methods:
Fax: (909) 548-6015
Student Support Services
2730 South Bon View Avenue
Ontario, CA 91761
(Located in Building "E" between Liberty ES and Woodcrest JHS)
Chino Valley USD
Attention: Student Support Services/Transfers
5130 Riverside Drive
Chino, CA 91710
Intradistrict Open Enrollment
Student Support Services
2730 South Bon View Avenue
Ontario, CA 91761
(909) 628-1202, Ext. 6745
(Located between Liberty ES and Woodcrest JHS)
Office hours are 7:30-4:30, Monday through Friday
The parent/guardian of any student in grade K-12 who resides within district boundaries may apply to enroll their child in any district school, regardless of the location of residence within the district. (Education Code 35160.5) No student currently residing within a school’s attendance area shall be displaced by another student transferring from outside the attendance area. (Education Code 35160.5)
Intradistrict open enrollment transfer applications for the subsequent school year are only available on the Student Support Services' website during the intradistrict open enrollment period. The intradistrict open enrollment period is held annually during the month of November. Applications must be submitted to Student Support Services before the deadline to be eligible for the open enrollment lottery held in January.
SCHOOLS CLOSED TO TRANSFERS, with the exception of qualifying siblings and qualifying students of Chino Valley Unified School District: Cal-Aero K-8 and Rhodes Elementary. (See Intradistrict Open Enrollment Priorities for qualifications.)
INTRADISTRICT OPEN ENROLLMENT PRIORITIES:
- First priority is for siblings of students who have already established residency through a prior transfer process at the transfer school being requested. For sibling preference to apply, siblings must both attend the same school in the same school year.
- Next priority is for students whose parent/guardian is employed by the Chino Valley Unified School District and assigned to the requested school as the employee's primary place of employment for the school year requested. CVUSD employees assigned to a department in the district and not a school site, are not eligible for this priority.
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN: See also, Transitional Kindergarten Information Page
- Transitional kindergarten pre-registration applications submitted during the Intradistrict Open Enrollment period are included in the lottery.
- Current TK parents/guardians: Students shall return to their residence school for next year kindergarten. If you wish to have your student attend kindergarten at the school where attending TK, you need to submit an intradistrict transfer request. Requesting a transfer for your student does not guarantee continued placement at the TK school.
- By law, approving applications on a first come-first served basis does not constitute a random, unbiased process. All intradistrict open enrollment applications submitted during the intradistrict open enrollment period are placed in a lottery in January where they are assigned a random, unbiased lottery number used to establish the rank order in which applications may be accepted. Attendance is not mandatory to receive a lottery number.
- Postcard notification of the student's random, unbiased lottery number will be mailed to parent/guardian after the lottery.
- After the lottery has been conducted and when space is not available to accommodate all applicants, students shall be placed on a waiting list, in rank order by lottery number, for the school requested. As space allows, applications shall be approved in rank order through September 30.
- The intradistrict open enrollment transfer waiting list expires September 30 for all school sites.
- Parents/guardians are required to enroll their student in their residence school until notified of the transfer approval. Students who are not enrolled in their residence school on the first day of school may be removed from the transfer process.
- Parents/guardians shall be notified by school site personnel when applications are approved.
- Parents/guardians shall confirm their students' enrollment at the school requested within ten (10) school days following notification of the transfer approval or the transfer is forfeited.
TERM OF ENROLLMENT:
- Transitional kindergarten applications are approved for current year only. TK students shall return to their residence school for kindergarten.
- K-12 students placed through the intradistrict open enrollment transfer process are approved through the highest grade served at the school requested. Enrollment does not extend to the next school. A new application is required for each grade span: K-6, 7-8, 9-12.
- Students who desire to continue in the feeder junior high or high school of the school requested shall submit a new transfer application in the sixth grade, and again in the eighth grade, during the intradistrict open enrollment application period. This election is subject to space availability.
STUDENTS WHO DESIRE TO RETURN TO THEIR RESIDENCE SCHOOL:
- Students on an approved intradistrict open enrollment transfer no longer have first-priority rights to enroll in their residence school. Students who desire to return to their residence school must apply for such enrollment as available through the intradistrict open enrollment process. (Does not apply to TK.)
CHANGE OF STUDENT ADDRESS FOR A PENDING OR APPROVED TRANSFER:
- Change of address on the student record must be made at the school site you are currently attending.
- If student's address changes while the application is still pending on the waitlist, parent/guardian shall also notify Student Support Services of the new address.
- Once your transfer has been approved, and your address changes to an area outside of the residence school on the application, your transfer is voided and a new request for intradistrict transfer application must be submitted in Student Support Services. Continued placement at the transfer school is not guaranteed.
- Parents/guardians shall provide transportation for their students on an approved intradistrict transfer and for students in transitional kindergarten. The district will not assume any responsibility for transportation of a student who has accepted an intradistrict transfer.
For further information regarding intradistrict open enrollment transfers, contact a Student Support Services staff member.