• 2019/2020 Intradistrict Open 
    Enrollment Transfer Period

    November 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018

    Office hours are 7:30 -4:30, Monday through Friday  
    Office will remain open Monday through Wednesday during Thanksgiving break  

    The parent/guardian of any student who resides within district boundaries may apply to enroll their child in any district school, regardless of the location of residence within the district. (Education Code 35160.5) No student currently residing within a school’s attendance area shall be displaced by another student transferring from outside the attendance area. (Education Code 35160.5) 


    • Intradistrict open enrollment applications are available only in the office of Student Support Services located at 13453 Ramona Avenue, Chino.  
    • Submission of an intradistrict open enrollment transfer application does not guarantee placement at the school requested.
    • Only one intradistrict open enrollment transfer application per student may be submitted.

    SCHOOLS CLOSED TO TRANSFERS FOR THE 2019/2020 SCHOOL YEAR, with the exception of qualifying siblings and qualifying students of Chino Valley Unified School District: (See, "Intradistrict Open Enrollment Priorities" below.)

    ● Cal-Aero K-8     ● Rhodes Elementary     ● Wickman Elementary


    • Siblings of students who have established residency through a prior transfer process within the school requested shall have priority for available space at that school. For sibling preference to apply, siblings must both attend the same school in 2019/2020.
    • The next priority is for students whose parent/guardian is employed by Chino Valley Unified School District and assigned to the requested school as his/her primary place of employment for the 2019/2020 school year.


    • By law, a first come, first served selection process does not constitute a random, unbiased process. Intradistrict open enrollment transfer applications may be submitted in the Office of Student Support Services anytime during business hours from November 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018 for the 2019/2020 school year.


    • The lottery is a one-day event where all applications submitted during the intradistrict open enrollment period are assigned a random, unbiased lottery number to establish the rank order in which applications may be accepted.
    • On January 14, 2019, the lottery will be held in the District's Board Room located at 5130 Riverside Drive, Chino, CA, 91710. The lottery will begin at 8:30 a.m. for transitional kindergarten, elementary and K-8 schools and at 1:00 p.m. for junior high and high schools. Your attendance is welcome, but not required, to receive your student's random, unbiased lottery number.
    • On February 1, 2019, postcard notification of the student's random, unbiased lottery number will be mailed to parent/guardian.


    • After the lottery has been conducted and when space is not available to accommodate all applicants, students shall be placed on a waiting list, in rank order by lottery number, for the school requested. As space allows, applications shall be approved in rank order.
    • The intradistrict open enrollment transfer waiting list expires September 30, 2019 for all school sites.


    • Parents/guardians are required to enroll their student in his/her attendance area school until notified of the transfer approval. Students who are not enrolled in their attendance area school on the first day of school may be removed from the transfer process.
    • Parent/guardian shall be notified by school site personnel when student's application has been approved.
    • Parent/guardian shall confirm student’s enrollment at the school requested within ten (10) school days following notification of the transfer approval or the transfer application becomes void.


    • Students placed through the intradistrict open enrollment transfer process are approved through the highest grade served at the school requested. Enrollment does not extend to the next school. A new application is required for each grade span: K-6, 7-8, 9-12.
    • Students who desire to continue in the feeder junior high or high school of the school requested shall submit a new transfer application in the sixth grade, and again in the eighth grade, during the intradistrict open enrollment application period. This election is subject to space availability.


    • Students on an approved intradistrict open enrollment transfer no longer have first-priority rights to enroll in their attendance area school. Students who desire to return to their attendance area school may apply for such enrollment as available through the intradistrict open enrollment process.


    • Change of address on the student record shall be made at the school site you are currently attending.
    • If student's address changes while the application is still pending on the waitlist, parent/guardian shall come to Student Support Services to update the application with the new address.
    • Once your transfer has been approved, and your address changes to an area outside of the attendance area school, your transfer is voided and a new request for intradistrict transfer application shall be submitted in Student Support Services. Continued placement at the transfer school is not guaranteed.


    • Parent/guardian shall provide transportation for the student approved on an intradistrict transfer. The district will not assume any responsibility for transportation of a student who has accepted an intradistrict transfer.

      For further information regarding intradistrict open enrollment transfers, please contact Student Support Services.