INTRADISTRICT TRANSFERS 2023/2024 SCHOOL YEAR
(School to school transfers within CVUSD)
Return completed form to Student Support Services by one of the following methods:
Fax: (909) 548-6015
Student Support Services
2730 South Bon View Avenue
Ontario, CA 91761
(Located in Building "E" between Liberty ES and Woodcrest JHS)
Chino Valley USD
Attention: Student Support Services/Transfers
5130 Riverside Drive
Chino, CA 91710
- Intradistrict transfer applications ("applications") may be submitted to request a transfer in the current school year 2023/2024 and for the next school year 2024/2025 (Intradistrict Open Enrollment applications will be available November 1 - December 1, 2023).
- Applications are available in person and online.
- Only one application per student may be submitted. Complete the cancellation form (see Cancellation Form) prior to submitting another application for the same student. If multiple applications are submitted for the same student and no cancellation form has been received, only the latest submission will be processed.
- Applications remain pending on the waitlist until parent/guardian is notified that the transfer has been approved or denied.
- Parent/guardian must confirm enrollment with school site personnel within ten school days following notification that the transfer was approved or the application is forfeited.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee it will be approved nor does it guarantee continued placement.
- Younger siblings do not automatically follow older siblings who are already attending the requested school on an approved transfer. All students must apply for and be accepted individually.
- Parents/guardians are required to enroll student in their attendance area school until notified the transfer has been approved. Students who are not enrolled in their attendance area school on the first day of school may be removed from the transfer process.
- Intradistrict transfer enrollment decisions are based on available space, student's academic performance, attendance, and/or behavior concerns. If the transfer is approved, it may be revoked due to overcrowding, lack of academic achievement, poor attendance, and/or unsatisfactory behavior. (This does not apply to Intradistrict Open Enrollment transfer requests.)
- Applications may be approved for the remainder of the school year or through highest grade served at the site. Applications approved for the remainder of the school year require submission of a new transfer request application for the succeeding year if student desires to remain at that school or to follow the feeder pattern.
- Parents/guardians shall complete a new transfer request application in the sixth grade and again in the eighth grade if they desire to follow in the feeder pattern for the succeeding school year, provided that the requested school is accepting applications.
- Students placed at the requested school through the highest grade served at the site no longer have first priority rights to enroll in the school of attendance area in which they reside and may apply for such enrollment through the transfer process.
- If student moves while attending the transfer school, the school must be notified of the address change. If the new address is no longer in the boundaries of the school of residence as indicated on the initial application, the transfer becomes void and a new transfer request must be submitted. Continued placement is not guaranteed.
- The District does not assume any responsibility for transportation of students who have received an intradistrict transfer and parent/guardian shall provide transportation for students approved through this process.
- Enrollment and registration are completed with school site personnel.
LIST OF SCHOOLS ACCEPTING TRANSFERS
JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOLS
These schools are NOT open to all transfers. Transfers may only be submitted if:
- Sibling of student requesting transfer has established residency through a prior transfer process within the school requested and siblings must both attend the same school in the same school year; or
- Student whose parent/guardian is employed by CVUSD and assigned to the requested school as the employee's primary place of employment for the requested school year.
Restrictions apply to the following schools:
● Cal-Aero K-8 ● Legacy K-8 ● Rhodes Elementary