Summer Work Permit Information
Once hired by an employer, the following steps have been listed for obtaining a work permit during summer break:
- Download and print the application.
- Applications can also be picked up directly at the District Office located at 5130 Riverside Dr. in Chino, either from the Office of Secondary Curriculum or the Switch Board.
- The application must be filled out completely and signed by both the parent and employer.
- Completed forms can be emailed back to email@example.com or dropped off directly to the Office of Secondary Curriculum, room #208.
- Please allow a minimum of 2-3 days for processing.
- In order to obtain a work permit, Chino Valley Unified School District policy requires students to maintain a 2.0 GPA.
*According to the California Department of Education, once a minor has graduated from High School, he/she is no longer subject to the state's compulsory education laws and is not required to obtain a work permit even if they are not yet 18 years old.