July 14, 2021
Dear CVUSD Parents and Guardians:
Chino Valley Unified School District (CVUSD) is eligible to apply to the California Department of Education (CDE) for federal funding through the Elementary and Secondary School Relief (ESSER III) Fund, to address the impact of COVID-19.
The ESSER III fund is to be used to implement prevention and mitigation strategies to continuously operate schools safely for in-person learning. Of this fund, Local Educational Agencies (LEA) are required to allocate a proportion to address the academic impact of lost instructional time during COVID-19 closures through the implementation of evidence-based interventions with an emphasis on underserved students. The District will allocate funds to each school site to address the academic priorities for their students.
Collectively working with CVUSD stakeholders to develop its Expenditure Plan, the District and each school site will provide our community with various opportunities to solicit input regarding identified district-at-large priorities and school site academic priorities for students. Input will be collected from the:
- Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) Advisory Committee
- District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
- District ESSER III Committee
- Superintendent Student Advisory Council (SSAC)
- Collective bargaining associations
- District ESSER III Survey
- School Site ESSER III Survey
To ensure the District provides its final Expenditure Plan to the Board of Education for adoption during the September 16 board meeting, and to meet the CDE’s September 30 deadline, it is imperative that our community offers input regarding needs that fall under ESSER III allowable expenses.
DISTRICT ESSER III SURVEY
Based on the allowable uses defined under ESSER III funding, five areas have been identified as priorities for Chino Valley Unified School District. These priorities were determined after focusing on areas not fully addressed by separate funds. The following priorities are provided for your consideration below:
- Evaluate and upgrade technology infrastructure at all schools to enhance student connectivity and learning.
- Improve indoor air quality at all school sites and district facilities.
- Increase mental health services and supports for all students.
- Provide ongoing training for staff on the Pandemic Plan to prevent, prepare for, and respond to pandemics, including communicable diseases.
- Support for COVID-19 testing and contact tracing for students and staff.
The District survey will be available for parents and guardians to complete beginning Monday, July 19, 2021. The last day to complete your District survey is Friday, August 13, 2021, by 3 p.m.
Surveys can be accessed from the homepage of the CVUSD district website here: www.chino.k12.ca.us/Page/48762
Parents and guardians will also be able to access the link through posts published on District social media platforms, including:
SCHOOL SITE ESSER III SURVEY
Each school site will identify specific academic needs and tailor a school level plan for its students. School site surveys will be available for parents, guardians, staff, and students – sixth grade and above – to complete beginning Monday, August 16, 2021. The last day to complete your school site survey is Friday, August 27, 2021, by 3 p.m. Additional information, including how to access your school site survey, will be provided by your school administration team.
Our commitment to the well-being of our students and assisting them with transitioning back into a traditional classroom this fall remains a driving force in our efforts. As always, thank you for your unwavering support and taking time to provide invaluable input.
Norm Enfield, Ed.D.