Measure G Citizens Oversight Committee
Board Appointed Committee
Measure G, a school facilities improvement measure, was passed by Chino Valley voters on November 8, 2016. In accordance with California state law, for measures passed with 55 percent of the vote, the Chino Valley Unified School District Board of Education established a Citizens Oversight Committee (COC) during the January 12, 2017 Board Meeting. The Chino Valley Unified School District Board of Education approved a Citizens Oversight Committee (COC) during the February 2, 2017 Board Meeting. The COC will monitor bond expenditures and ensure bond revenues are allocated in compliance with the voter approved measure.
Applicants must commit to a two-year term and reside within the CVUSD boundaries. Membership is voluntary, without compensation, and members must be 18 years of age. Employees, vendors, contractors, or CVUSD officials are not eligible for appointment to the Committee.
The Education Code requires a minimum of seven (7) members representing the following categories:
- One (1) member active in a business organization representing the business community located within the school district's geographic boundary;
- One (1) member active in a senior citizens' organization;
- One (1) member active in a bona fide taxpayers' organization;
- One (1) member who is a parent/guardian of a child enrolled in CVUSD residing in the community of Chino, Chino Hills, or South Ontario;
- One (1) member who is both a parent/guardian of a child enrolled in CVUSD and is active in a parent-teacher organization, such as a Parent Teacher Association or school site council residing in the Chino community, Chino Hills community, or South Ontario community; and
- Two (2) at-large member residents of the Chino community, Chino Hills community, or South Ontario community.
Committee Meeting Schedule
- February 3, 2021 - Wednesday @ 5:00 P.M.
- May 5, 2021 - Wednesday @ 5:00 P.M.
- September 1, 2021 - Wednesday @ 5:00 P.M.
- December 1, 2021 - Wednesday @ 5:00 P.M.
Currently, the Board has approved the following members to serve on the Measure G Bond Citizen's Oversight Committee:
- Alfonso, Lou - Senior Citizen's representative
- Bennett, Art - City of Chino Hills representative
- vacant - At-Large member
- Cisneroz, Kevin - Parent of CVUSD student
- Cole, Carol - At-Large member
- Dorst-Parado, Debra - City of Ontario representative
- Evangelista, May - Business Community representative
- Hargrove, Mark - Tax Payers Organization At-Large member/City of Chino representative
- Tran, Bonnie - Active PTA Parent of CVUSD student