Intradistrict Open Enrollment
(BP/AR 5116.1 & 0420.5)
23/24 Applications are available through open enrollment starting on November 1st - December 2nd 2022.
23/24 Kindergarten Mandarin Program - Hidden Trails Elementary- Mandarin DLI Application - Hidden Trails
23/24 First Grade Mandarin Program - Hidden Trails Elementary - Mandarin DLI Application - Hidden Trails
23/24 Kindergarten Spanish Program - Anna Borba Elementary - Spanish DLI Application - Anna Borba
- By law, approving applications on a first come-first served basis does not constitute a random, unbiased process. All intradistrict open enrollment applications submitted during the intradistrict open enrollment period are placed in a lottery in January where they are assigned a random, unbiased lottery number used to establish the rank order in which applications may be accepted. Attendance is not mandatory to receive a lottery number.
- Postcard notification of the student's random, unbiased lottery number will be mailed to the parent/guardian after the lottery.
INTRADISTRICT OPEN ENROLLMENT PRIORITIES:
- First priority is for siblings of students who have already established residency through a prior transfer process at the transfer school being requested. For sibling preference to apply, siblings must both attend the same school in the same school year.
- Next priority is for students whose parent/guardian is employed by the Chino Valley Unified School District and assigned to the requested school as the employee's primary place of employment for the school year requested. CVUSD employees assigned to a department in the district and not a school site, are not eligible for this priority.
- . In order to balance the participation of English-dominant and target language dominant students in the K-6 dual language immersion programs, separate applicant pools will be created for these programs. Pools of English-dominant applicants and pools of target- language applicants will be created using the lottery. Classes will be filled by drawing an equal number of applicants from each pool prioritized accordingly. Falsification of information will result in disqualification.
- After the lottery has been conducted and when space is not available to accommodate all applicants, students shall be placed on a waiting list, in rank order by lottery number, for the school requested. As space allows, applications shall be approved in rank order through September 30.
- The open enrollment transfer waiting list expires September 30 for all school sites.
- Parents/guardians are required to enroll their student in their residence school until notified of the transfer approval. Students who are not enrolled in their residence school on the first day of school may be removed from the transfer process.
- Parents/guardians shall be notified by school site personnel when applications are approved.
- Parents/guardians shall confirm their students' enrollment at the school requested within ten (10) school days following notification of the transfer approval or the transfer is forfeited.