Welcome to Mrs. Aguirre's Distance Learning Classroom!
Welcome to 8th Grade English Language Arts! I am very excited to start another wonderful year here at Townsend. I know there will be many challenges as we embark on this distance learning experience, but I also know that by working together, we will make this a successful 8th grade year.
I am committed to responding to all student and parent emails within 24 hours on weekdays. I will respond to emails Monday - Friday, until 4:00 pm.
Click the following link to view the Distance Learning Syllabus. For your convenience, scroll to the bottom of this page to see our Distance Learning School year schedule.
Contacting the teacher (options):
- Ask questions via the Feed in Google Classroom
- Email: email@example.com
- I will respond to emails and Google Classroom comments, Monday - Friday, until 4:00 pm. Extended hours will be provided when projects and assessments are due.
Virtual Office Hours:
- I am available during office hours Tuesday/Wednesday 7:45-8:30AM, and Thursday/Friday 1:15- 2:30PM to answer questions face-to-face if needed. Please reference your class period's Google Classroom to obtain the Google Meeting Code for drop-in Office Hours.
- I will respond to emails within 24 hours, Monday - Friday, until 4:00 pm.
- Students, only use your district- issued school email account to communicate with me and during: (firstname.lastname@example.org). This ensures that I will receive your email without any technical problems. Contact me immediately if you do not know your school username and password.
- Google Classroom will be used to post assignments. You will submit your assignments using Google Classroom.
- Each student will receive an access code (via the district-issued school email account) to enter your Google classrooms. If you have any questions or difficulties, email me right away.
- Use Classlink to access your Google Classrooms: https://launchpad.classlink.com/chino
- Check Google Classroom daily for announcements, assignment information, and updates.
- Read everything carefully. Then, read it again.
- Click “Turn In” when you are ready to submit your assignment. When work is turned in, I will add the points for that assignment directly to the AERIES Gradebook.
Things to remember for Distance Learning 2.0:
- Daily attendance is required. Every student is required to be online daily with cameras on; microphone muted.
- Check Google Classroom daily.
- Students, only use your district- issued school email account to communicate with me and during: (email@example.com). This ensures that I will receive your email without any technical problems.
- Parents and Students, please check the Google Classroom “Upcoming” box frequently to confirm assignments and due dates.
Online Behavior Expectations (Norms)
BE SAFE – Speak calmly, and use kind words. Sit upright, in a chair, at a desk or table.
BE RESPECTFUL – Raise your hand if you have a question or to notify the teacher that you need to leave your seat. Discuss grades and grade questions privately with the teacher after class. Listen to new or differing ideas with an open mind. Be prepared to meet and work with new people without judgement or complaint. Be kind to everyone.
BE RESPONSIBLE – Be on time, with your camera on, and your microphone muted. Check the class website daily. Format emails properly. Write neatly and legibly. Complete all of your work. Focus on your own work. Work until the end of the period; until you are dismissed. Participate in class discussions.
*Remember, I can see everything, so be respectful and responsible online, just as you are expected to do in person and in the classroom.