Welcome to Mrs. Orr's 8th Grade, American Studies and Life Essentials Classroom. It is my commitment as an educator to make the experience of learning United States History and Life Essentials challenging and engaging. All students are expected to complete his/her assignments in a timely manner and do their best.
My Contact Information: Jennifer_Orr@chino.k12.ca.us Please email questions or leave a message for me at Townsend: (909) 591-2161.
Communications: I will respond to all emails within 24 hours. Phone messages may vary. If you would like to set up a phone conference, please email your phone number and the time you would like me to call.
These are hours that will be available to discuss questions regarding assignments, schedules, and other schoolwork concerns. It is also possible to set up a live conference with advance notice. See the link posted in your students' class through Google Classroom under the announcements page. However, the fastest way to reach me is through email. (see above)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Fridays after school at 2:10-2:45 pm.
We will be using Google Classroom to post and submit some electronic assignments. Each student will be joined to a Google Classroom automatically (or receive an access code to enter the class that will be sent to your student's email.) Please check under posts for your period in Google Classroom for your daily assignments for either American Studies or Life Essentials assignments.
Online Textbook History Textbook link: https://www.chino.k12.ca.us/Page/2630
Teaching and Learning Expectations:
- Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
- It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/Responsible Use Policy and Mrs. Orr's Back to school letter regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and or in the classroom.
- Students should dress appropriately for instruction sessions.
- Students who use inappropriate language or share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately in class will be subject to appropriate discipline.
- Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screenshots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized district official.
- To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space.
Grades: Grades will be entered into Aeries and updated weekly. (More information on grading is listed under American Studies and Life Essentials Syllabus.)
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student Classlink page)
Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM-3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
Access to district technology from home email: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us.