Welcome to Mrs. Orr's 8th Grade, American Studies Distance Learning Classroom.
My Contact Information: Jennifer_Orr@chino.k12.ca.us Please email questions or leave a message for me at Townsend: (909) 591-2161.
I will respond to all emails within 24 hours. Phone messages may vary. If you would like to set up a phone conference, please email your phone number and the time you would like me to call.
Virtual Office Hours:
These are hours which I will be available, live, on Google Meet, for questions regarding assighnments, schedules, and other schoolwork concerns.
We will be using Google Classroom to post and submit Electronic assignments. Each student will be joined to a Google Classroom automatically (or receive an access code to enter the class that will be sent to your student email.)
Parents and Students, please check under announcements on this page frequently for most up to date information for all classes.
Distance Teaching and Learning Classroom Expectations:
- Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
- To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions
- It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on District devices.
- Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
- Students who use inappropriate language or share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
- Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized district official.
- To the extent pssible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space.
- Oncethe virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that the cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student Classlink page)
Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM-3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
Access to district technology from home email: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us.