Suicide Prevention Supports and Resources
The Board of Education recognizes that suicide is a leading cause of death among youth and that school personnel who regularly interact with students are often in a position to recognize the warning signs of suicide and to offer appropriate referral and/or assistance. In an effort to reduce suicidal behavior and its impact on students and families, the Superintendent or designee shall develop measures and strategies for suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention.To read the full Board Policy BP 5141.52(a) - Suicide Prevention, please click HERE.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL) - (800) 273-TALK (8255)
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline - Dial 988 (Available nationwide July 16, 2022)
- Spanish Language Suicide Hotline - (800) 784-2432
- California Youth Crisis Hotline - (800) 843-5200
- The Jason Foundation - (615) 264-2323 or Text "Jason" to 741741
- Family Service Agency of San Bernardino (Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm) - 1-800-832-9119
- Crisis Text Line - Text HOME (4663) to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1 (800) 799-7233
- Canyon Ridge Hospital - (909) 590-3700
- Community Crisis Response Team - (909) 458-1517
- Loma Linda Hospital - (800) 752-5999
- CVUSD Behavioral Health (Medi-Cal only) - (909) 628-1201 ext. 8969
- Chino Human Services - (909) 334-3259
- Mariposa Community Counseling - (909) 458-1350
- South Coast Community Services - (909) 980-6700
- West End Family Counseling - (909) 983-2020
Case Management Resources
- HOPE Family Resource Center - (909) 628-1201 ext. 8960
Suicide Prevention Awareness Forum - September 20, 2022
The District provides two annual Suicide Prevention Awareness trainings for parents, guardians, and community members where they discuss how to recognize signs of suicide and actions to take to keep our youth safe. Sessions are led by Dr. Dianne Vargas, an Assistant Professor of School Counseling at California State University, Stanislaus.
Upcoming forum dates for 2022/23 school year:
Chino High School - February 7, 2023 @ 6:30 p.m.
Provided below is a link to the handout provided to participants who attended the Suicide Prevention Awareness Forum in the Chino Hills High School MPR on Tuesday, September 20, 2022. The PowerPoint presentation presented by Dr. Vargas during the session is also available for reference.
Suicide Prevention Awareness Handout 7 Steps to Help Your Child