What is Tobacco Use Prevention Education (TUPE)?
TUPE is Chino Valley Unified School District’s tobacco education program to reduce tobacco use among students in Grades 6-12.
TUPE Mission - The mission of Tobacco Use Prevention Education is to vigorously reduce the tobacco use among youths by:
- exposing tobacco industry tactics.
- creating a smoke-free environment at school and at home.
- providing smoking cessation workshops for students.
- using science-based, research-validated educational programs and strategies that address the four essential TUPE topics:
For further information on how our efforts are helping our youth to refrain from tobacco use, please call Jenny Mott, RN, MSN ♦ (909) 628-1201, ext. 8908
- short and long term undesirable, physical, cosmetic, and social consequences or tobacco use
- reasons adolescents say they smoke or use tobacco
- peer norms and social influences that promote tobacco use
- refusal skills for resisting social influences that promote tobacco use