Distance Teaching and Learning Classroom Expectations
· Students should not share their login information, meeting links, or passwords with others.
· To the extent possible, students should participate in virtual instruction from a quiet and neutral area that is free of distractions.
· School and classroom rules apply to the virtual instruction environment.
· It is recommended that students review the District Technology Acceptable/ Responsible Use Policy regarding expectations for behavior while conducting themselves online and on District devices. [Click here to Review the CVUSD Responsible Use Policy.]
· Students should dress appropriately for virtual instruction sessions.
· Students who use inappropriate language, share inappropriate images, or in any way behave inappropriately on a video conference will be subject to appropriate discipline.
· Students should not conduct audio or video recordings or take screen shots of virtual class meetings or activities unless they have received prior permission to do so from a teacher or authorized District official.
· To the extent possible, parents should allow the student to work with the instructor or provider in a quiet, private space. However, to the extent a student requires adult support to participate in virtual instruction/services, a parent or guardian may be specifically asked by the instructor or service provider to provide such support.
· Once the virtual instruction session or meeting is over, students should be sure to close out of the meeting platform entirely. Students should also ensure that cameras are covered and that microphones are turned off to avoid inadvertent transmission following the meeting.
Students should log into their virtual meeting (Google Meets) 5 minutes to each class period.
- Enter meetings on mute
- Ask questions in the chat section
- Unmute when it's your turn to speak
Meeting time and link are found in their Google Classroom for each period.
Any missed work, due to absence, will be posted on Google Classroom. Speak to your teacher.
For teacher commitments, student expectations, communications and academics, please see the syllabus posted in your Google classroom and/or your teacher webpage.
Assignments will be posted in your Google Classroom. We will be using Google Classroom this year.
Assessments will be announced in Google Classroom throughout each unit.
Students will get feedback on submited work through comments in Google Classroom and in Aeries. Turnaround time will be at teacher's earliest convenience. (Note: we are all learning how to operate in this new environment. We will need to be patient with one another).
Which assignments will have feedback provided by the teacher vs. automatically graded by Pearson (our new Biology Platform) or Google Classroom will need to be determined. Assignments completed in Pearson and/or Google Classroom may have instantaneous feedback. All other work submitted will have feedback provided by the teacher.
Parents will be notified of grades via Aeries.
Student self-solving: visit CVUSD EdTech Notebook (linked on student ClassLink page)
Access to district technology from home: Community Support Hotline (M-F, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM) (909) 628-1202, ext. 1080
Access to district technology from home: CommunitySupport@chino.k12.ca.us
Email teacher @ email@example.com