Alternative Education Center
AN INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO EDUCATION
Preston R. Carr, Ed.D., Director
Chino Valley Unified School District parents/guardians of students in grades TK-12: You are cordially invited to join a public information forum hosted by Dr. Preston Carr, Alternative Education Director, to learn more about education opportunities offered through Home-Based (K-8), Independent Study (10-12) and Virtual Program (9-12). Click below for the Zoom links.
Please note the following for the 2021/2022 school year only:
- Parents/Guardians have a right to request a parent-educator conference before enrollment into Independent Study
- For students participating in Independent Study for 15 school days or more will receive the following:
- TK-grade 3: Daily synchronous instruction (not distance-learning style)
- Grades 4-8: Daily live interaction and at least weekly synchronous instruction
- Grades 9-12: At least once weekly synchronous instruction
- Procedures for enrolling, disenrolling, and reenrolling in Independent Study will be discussed during the public information forum. Click on the program links on the menu bar on the left side of this webpage to learn more about each program.
This site was last updated October 13, 2021 @ 7:00 PM