Alternative Education Center
Preston R. Carr, Ed.D., Director
Click Below to Watch
Traditional Summer School Updates (no fees, for CVUSD students only): As of Friday, April 3, 2020 the following changes have been made (Traditional Distance Learning [Online] Summer School flyer)
- On Friday, May 1st, 2020 current CVUSD high school students who were recommended for Traditional Summer School were emailed their course registration information. Students, be sure you check your District email for this important update.
- Traditional (on-campus) Summer School is cancelled for all elementary and middle school students for general education classes.
- Traditional Summer school will continue for high school students for general education classes in a distance learning (online) format.
- Extended School Year (ESY) for elementary students will continue in a distance learning (online) format.
- ESY for junior high school students will continue in a distance learning (online) format.
- ESY for high school students will continue in a distance learning (online) format.
California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) Online Summer School: Courses are open to CVUSD and non-CVUSD students. Click on the link to the flyer for registration information. (CSUSB Flyer)
- NOTE: Students, if you missed the webinar orientation held on Saturday, April 4, 2020, you will meet your teacher online the first day of CSUSB Online Summer School. Students will receive their login and password prior to the start of classes. Students, be sure you review the Power Point presentation that is posted on the link to the flyer above prior to completing registration. To register for courses, go to the CSUSB website
Chaffey College Online Summer School: Courses are open to CVUSD and non-CVUSD students. Click on the link to the flyer for the Go To Meeting webinar links and registration information. (Chaffey Flyer)
Work Permit Update: Contact the Secondary Curriculum and Instruction (Click Here) for assistance with obtaining a work permit.
Home & Hospital Update: The Home & Hospital services start time has changed to begin on Monday, March 30, 2020 with all teachers equipped with the CVUSD distance learning plan. Our teachers will be using the GoToMeeting platform for virtual meetings with their students. The teachers have been provided information during our online meeting that was held on Tuesday, March 18, 2020.
Note: All coursework has been designed to alleviate stress and lessons have been modified keeping COVID-19 as a reminder to teach with Humility, Civility, and Service in mind.
This site was last updated May 15th, 2020 1:11 PM