DISTANCE LEARNING STUDENTS AT AHS, CHS, CHHS & DAL:
- High school student who selected the District Distance Learning option and need one or more of the following "Distance Learning Extension" (DLE) classes will receive curriculum through the AEC:
Course Platform Teacher PHYSICS H WITH LABS* Edgenuity Douglas Proulx PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS Edgenuity Tarah Massey AP EUROPEAN HISTORY Acellus Sadaf Albano TBA AP COMPUTER SCIENCE A Acellus Bei Collins AP GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS US GradPoint Robert Morey TBA AP ECONOMICS GradPoint Macro Todd Hancock Micro Todd Hancock AP PSYCHOLOGY GradPoint Teressa Moore Amy Campbell Robert Palmer Alex Angulo AP BIOLOGY Acellus Mary Hancock Karen Morris Dana Lund AP STATISTICS GradPoint Marcela Stremiz AP ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE GradPoint Janie Mathis
- How do I ADD a DLE class to my Distance Learning schedule? CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL SITE COUNSELOR.
- How do I know if I am confirmed for the DLE class? STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE E-MAILS FROM MS. ERIN GIBSON WITH LOGIN CREDENTIALS & A GOOGLE CLASSROOM E-MAIL INVITATION FROM THE TEACHER YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO...CHECK YOUR CVUSD OUTLOOK STUDENT EMAIL ACCOUNT.
- I missed the first two orientations? Is there a make-up orientation? YES, JOIN US ON MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2020 AT 5:00 PM ON ZOOM (CLICK HERE)
- I am new to DLE. My counselor just notified me that I am on the list for a class. How do I get started? JOIN US ON MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2020 AT 5:00 PM ON ZOOM (CLICK HERE) FOR THE ORIENTATION.
- I am in the wrong DLE class. Who can help me? CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL SITE COUNSELOR.
- How do I change my DLE class? CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL SITE COUNSELOR.
- How do I drop my DLE class? CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL SITE COUNSELOR.
- I don't know my login information for the onlne platform. How can I get that information? FIRST CHECK YOUR CVUSD OUTLOOK STUDENT EMAIL ACCOUNT FOR A MESSAGE FROM MS. ERIN GIBSON. IF IT'S NOT THERE, CONTACT MS. ERIN GIBSON OR MS. SANGEETA MORAR BY EMAIL.
- NOTE: If you are on the 3rd DLE list, you will receive an email on Monday, August 17th.
AEC STUDENTS IN HOME-BASED, VIRTUAL PROGRAM & INDEPDENT STUDY:
- New AEC students: We will have an orientation for all new Home-Based, Virtual Program & Independent Study students on Wednesday, August 19th at 9:30 AM. JOIN HERE
- Your Homeroom Teacher sent you an e-mail at your CVUSD Outlook student email address (*not your personal email address) inviting you to join their Google Classroom on the first day of school, Monday, August 10th at 8:00 AM. Check your District Outlook email account.
- Need help getting into your email account? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 909-628-1202 x1080
- When students view their schedule on the Aeries Portal, the “V” notation at the end of a class code means “Virtual” (Example: English 9 5013V.) Similarly, if the student is in the Home-Based program then you will see a “V” as the indicator for the program. Students in Independent Study will not see their class schedule in Aeries, but they were emailed a copy of the Academic Plan which details their course plan for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Have a schedule change request for an AEC class? Starting Monday, August 10th, go to the AEC Counseling webpage and submit your request using the Google Form. All requests will be reviewed. You will be notified of the action taken by email or phone.
- The AEC is following the scheduling guideline that if a given class is offered through Home-Based, Virtual Program and/or Independent Study, you are scheduled to take that class with AEC teachers. Up to two “specialty” CVUSD classes that the AEC does not offer may be scheduled with the home school site (Example: band, choir, engineering, agriculture.)
- Schedule change requests for non-AEC school site classes must be processed through your school site counselor.
This site was last updated August 13, 2020 @ 1:45 PM